[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bypassing Factory Reset Protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 413VaVAyyJL.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
413VaVAyyJL.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
A few weeks ago my wife found a BLU studio C super camera phone in a parking lot. After quite a few failed attempts to return it, we gave up and it has been sitting in a drawer ever since.

It's a cheap piece of crap, but we figure it can still be used as a dedicated mp3 player/camera.

Is there any way to bypass the factory reset protection without bricking the phone?
>>
>>293906
Give it back, Tyrone.
>>
>>293906
Give it back, Jamal.
>>
>>294153
>>294156
I will also take advice on how to return it, as I haven't formatted it yet.

However, I have no idea how to figure out who it belongs to at the moment,
>>
is there any way to notify an owner or determine who owns the phone from the lock screen?
>>
>>294550
>found it in a parking lot
Turn it into the store's lost property, like you should have in the first place.
>>
>>294586
While that is a great idea, three major issues,

-this happened almost 2 months ago
-I wasn't the one that originally found it
-It was a shopping center, there would be no way to determine which of the 6 stores they shopped at
>>
>>294615
If only shopping centers had some kind of "information desk" where some child who'd dropped their phone, which wasn't much to a grown-up, but was the first one they'd ever owned, and had all their irreplaceable photos on it, and now they weren't getting another one, could ask.

How can you think of yourself as a good person when you're trying to come up with justifications for stealing from a child?
>>
>>294663
Kids are the worst, fuck em. I think kids should have LESS phones.
>>
ITT
>Man steals a phone
>Tries to justify his actions
>backpedals as soon as he is called out on it
>asks for ways to return it
>people continue to guilt him without offering advice on how to return it despite his apparent willingness to do so

You people are inspirations for birth control

OP, Look up IMEI and MEID numbers and what they are for, you should find one on somewhere in the phones battery compartment.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.