[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, hope somebody here can help me out with my desktop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0104.png (472KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.png
472KB, 500x372px
Hey guys, hope somebody here can help me out with my desktop issue, as it's draining the life from me.

>be over two weeks ago
>computer (HP Envy Phoenix, little over a year old) was failing to start
>take it to local tech support place
>they tell me that it's a problem with the power supply and install it for me
>also tell me that they "cleaned up some viruses" and "freed up space on the C drive"
>also installed bitdefender
>take it home after 4 days
>first time I boot it up, it hangs in the HP logo
>eventually I'm able to login, works for about 3 hours and then starts having ever-more-frequent crashes to BSOD giving all sorts of different error messages (can post pics if useful)
>gets to the point where I cannot even make it to the login screen before BSOD
>take it back to the tech guys and tell them about the issue, show them some pictures
>they say it's most likely an issue with the USB ports
>go home and try it with different mouse and keyboard, no mouse and keyboard - most times it doesn't even boot up but when it does; immediate BSOD
>bring it back to the tech guys
>calls me today and tells me to come pick it up
>he thinks it's the SD card and so installed one of the store ones, wants me to bring it home and test it out
>a few BSOD but functional for several hours
>now it is once again crashing every single time before I even make it to the login
I'm at my goddamn wit's end. Please somebody even point me in the right direction to figuring out this problem and I will be in your eternal debt, as the repair guys increasingly seem incompetent
>>
Stopped reading after HP, seriously this is only your fault for giving your money to those gypsies.
>>
Do you have windows 10? What type of blue screen error is it? Did it update recently? Drivers can get fucked after an update so try getting the newer ones from a website.

Also, fuck those tech repair guys.
>>
You are getting ripped off hard by these repair guys. Probably not even worth it at this point to fix it, but there are many possible points of failure. I have no fucking clue why the guy tried to bullshit you about an sd card causing this.

Try booting from a live usb ubuntu or something and see if you still have issues
>>
>>293907
I have windows 10, and the error varies. I deleted bitdefender and this other thing, malwarebyte, and I've only had one crash since, during a game. It generally is one of those "Your computer needs to be repaired" with a varying error code. Sometimes it just tells me it needs to restart, and attempts to do a repair.

>>293909
Jeez am I getting ripped off bad? I should demand my money back.
>>
>>293918
Take it back to the shop, have them swap the motherboard it's probably doomed apparently, also add new memory sticks once you're there
>>
>>293920
Well, the guy said he actually ruled out the motherboard
>>
>>293926
Look at Event Viewer and see what errors the Windows Logs shows.
>>
run memtest86+
>>
Crashes and BSOD can mean anything, it would help if you posted the screenshot or picture of the blue screen

im guessing since you had a power supply failure that a component in your computer burned out, if you are tech savy try to unplug everything clean it out and see if you find anything burned out, if not just plug back in the nesesary things, the processor, and mobo, and a stick of ram, if you have more than one just use one and just leave the power button conected to the mobo, unplug the usb ones and the restart one, try to turn it on if it crashes swap the ram stick if it crashes again its probably the cpu, or the cpu power supply, also it could be a overheat issue check if the cpu fan is running and if the thermal past is not dried out.

if it doesnt crash try the second ram stick, and keep adding one thing at a time, next the video card if you got one and so on, until it crashes again
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.