[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logo help and critique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: SIDE BY SIDE.png (74KB, 1364x709px) Image search: [Google]
SIDE BY SIDE.png
74KB, 1364x709px
Hey I have been working on a Logo and I'm no graphic designer by any means, so I'm hoping to get input or a critique. I like the silhouette of the letters but I don't know what to do with it from here. Its a TGD all combined together.

The attached picture is the mono black silhouette and a collor gradient one with a shadow.

HELP PLEASE

Also the logo is for a Game Design Blog I'm slowly trying to start up in my free time at thegamedesign.wixsite.com/tgdb
>>
looks fine
>>
Try to put your personal touch, its not important if it isnt an elaborated graphic, but it must be something particularly yours or that represent what you are trying to do. For example if you are making something related to videogames it needs to include something that will remind you a videogame everytime you see it
>>
File: TNG.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TNG.png
9KB, 300x300px
>>293868
>wixsite.com
>angelfire/geocities 2.0

The G gets lost; if you didn't tell me it was there, I'd have thought it was just TD. Its tail makes it look almost like a J, too.

Consider each letter's geometry: G and D are round, while T is 90-degree straight lines. I'd try combining the G and D, with The separate since it doesn't really fit, or maybe have it at the top-centre... summat like dis. The anti-aliasing on the T is rough on this quick mockup.
>>
>>293877
I would rather have played with the sizes
>>
>>293877
Alright thanks man. I like the idea and will be trying more ideas.
>>
>>293868

The G is pretty much invisible.
It is a typical case of "ohh it is THEEERREE!"

It has to be emphasised more somehow
>>
File: received_10210693781159546.png (143KB, 875x850px) Image search: [Google]
received_10210693781159546.png
143KB, 875x850px
This was what i had as an idea sheet if anything looks better or makes the G stand out more
>>
>>294681
If I went around and asked people what the see in that logo, 0/10 times would they say 'G'
>>
File: tgd - rough.png (23KB, 222x236px) Image search: [Google]
tgd - rough.png
23KB, 222x236px
>>294681
>>294685
This, coming up with a unique design is one thing, but you should never forget what letters actually look like.
Here's a rough version of something you might be able to use.
>>
>>294690
Thank you and yeah that is much clearer. Ill probably do a few off of that idea.
>>
File: NEW FONT PRACTICE.png (87KB, 983x788px) Image search: [Google]
NEW FONT PRACTICE.png
87KB, 983x788px
So I have taken into account the font was shit and the G was not seeable so what do you thing of these. there are two that were suggested.
>>
File: GAME_CONTROULLER_IDEA.png (48KB, 1327x285px) Image search: [Google]
GAME_CONTROULLER_IDEA.png
48KB, 1327x285px
I have also tried a game controller idea with the AMBLE font.
>>
File: DIFFERENCE TGD.png (22KB, 646x587px) Image search: [Google]
DIFFERENCE TGD.png
22KB, 646x587px
Also does this look better aside from the font?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.