[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really need no antivirus software on Linux distros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: babytux.jpg (10KB, 296x337px) Image search: [Google]
babytux.jpg
10KB, 296x337px
Do you really need no antivirus software on Linux distros?
>>
You need to understand how Linux works and be security savvy.
>>
>>293498
They are rare, but Linux viruses do exist. Depending on what you use your computer for, you may be able to get by without an antivirus, as long as your not downloading from shady sites. Personally though, I say better safe than sorry.
>>
>>293498

Of course, only idiots like >>293504 think that antivirus aren't needed. You are part of a network that shares stuff with other people and it's your responsibility to make sure that you don't spread malware.
>>
>>293498
you dont even need av software on windows nowadays, those for retarded people
>>
File: 1462649733801.png (428KB, 1444x1974px) Image search: [Google]
1462649733801.png
428KB, 1444x1974px
>>293616
t. antivirus shill

antivirus is a scam and basically is bloatware that does nothing, even on windows. You already have a firewall or two by default if you're behind a router. An "antivirus" program isnt going to stop you from installing shady shit and being retarded.
>>
>>293715
>bloatware that does nothing

except fuck your OS up sucking tons of resources and possibly causing network problems
>>
Just have good iptables and your won't have to worry.
>>
>>293715

>You already have a firewall or two by default if you're behind a router.
>donwload attached files from email
>wew! good thing that my firewall blocked the malware and stopped me from forwarding it to other people!

No.

>An "antivirus" program isnt going to stop you from installing shady shit and being retarded.
>click on virus.mp3.exe
>BARK! BARK! A threat has been neutralized!

What the fuck I hate antivirus now.
>>
>>293757
why would you download attached files from an email you don't know exactly what it is and why would you open virus.mp3.exe? it's for retarded people
>>
>>293760

Irrelevant. The implications posted in >>293715 are clearly proven wrong by reality. Stop moving the goalposts kike.
>>
>>293498
You dont need and antivirus on linux
>>
>>293761
you're the fucking kike defending av software
>>
>>293761
the reality is that people are fucking retarded and will run song.mp3.exe might be true, but I'm not one of those people. You're the kike shilling for nagware anyways
>>
>>293715
>An "antivirus" program isnt going to stop you from installing shady shit and being retarded.
Actually that's exactly what it does.

>>293750
Sure, just block port 80 and 443.
>>
>>293498
It's like defragmentation: you need it, but it doesn't exist, so everyone sticks their fingers in their ears and insists that you don't.
>>
>>293498
Not in PC user realm.

Android is (due to abundance) currently under attack. Not that easy to crack it though, like with the prevailing microsoft crapola.

Android is specifically customized version of linux and due to that, it may or may not have certain types of vulnerabilities.

Linux PCs are very hard to crack. Linux servers are very hard to crack. It's all about superuser's call to keep them updated.

Please don't fall for the "uptime" trap. Just update them when there is a proper update available.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.