[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find who's been downloading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: cat internet.jpg (143KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cat internet.jpg
143KB, 500x375px
Hey guys, I was wondering is there a way to find out who's been downloading the most in a small office that shares a wireless router?

Our internet Quota's been breached a few times and no one's fessing up. So it's been breaking a lot of trust in the office lately.

Is there an app that can show which user/computer that's downloaded the most data?

I tried using wireshark, but i'm a little lost in how it works exactly.
>>
Hmm what's your skill level with computers? :)

Your router might have a web interface (usually accessible via http with user and password provided in the manual - you can google the model if you no longer have a manual).

This web interface _might_ give you an insight into how much goes where, but if it doesn't, wireshark is probably the way to go. This might help: https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/25575/sort-by-bandwidth-used-and-show-ip-addressnetwork-name

Also make sure your Wi-fi is WPA2 protected (not passwordless, not WEP), otherwise the data usage might be from someone outside.
>>
File: 13HBDT4QSTpveU.gif (134KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
13HBDT4QSTpveU.gif
134KB, 480x360px
>>292782
Omg, thanks for replying.
For a while i though this was gonna buried or something.

Well to be honest i'm not that good. they stuck me in this whole IT thing cause I guess I'm all the have at the moment.

Office is a bit of cheapskate so we're using this cheap chinese router "Huawei HG8245H". According to the guys it's really bad. and I went and look into the interface thingy but there wasnt much to go by.

Some sites recommended a "quality of service" menu for the router, but i wasnt able to find it for this model. I think there isnt. :c

As for the wireshark thing i've been looking at that same tab as recommended. but It feels a little off. We've been getting leaks for about 10 gigs a day yet some of the computers dont reach those sizes.
>>
File: QoS_Configuration[1].jpg (37KB, 700x437px) Image search: [Google]
QoS_Configuration[1].jpg
37KB, 700x437px
>>292787
Look a little harder.
>>
File: Thingy.png (51KB, 1354x650px) Image search: [Google]
Thingy.png
51KB, 1354x650px
>>292815
I did.

That said. mine says "HG8245H" that screen you have is only " HG8245"

Is it a different model? or what am i missing here? :c
>>
>>292838
the differences between the HG8245 and the HG8245H are probably so small that it doesn't matter. perhaps the H model explodes half a percent less often over a period of three months than the other.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.