[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chassis Intrude! please check your system fatal error... System halted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170404_191746.jpg (322KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170404_191746.jpg
322KB, 1600x1200px
So I just finished my first rig, when I turned it on for the first time the BIOS loaded just fine, I restarted it so I could try and install a OS, however this pop up, "chassis Intrude! Please check your system fatal error... System halted.", What's does this mean and how do I fix it? I'm not a techy or anything, I needed a lot of help building my PC, I got it to turn on, but now this error won't go away. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again.
>>
unplug the chassis intrusion connector, theres no need for it anyways
>>
FYI, if you Google for error messages, it actually gives you possible solutions.

In this case, the solutions suggest that there is a component in your computer that's touching something it should not.
>>
File: 08d39c3b_vbattach130195.jpg (63KB, 490x403px) Image search: [Google]
08d39c3b_vbattach130195.jpg
63KB, 490x403px
>>291489
This?
>>
>>291478
google.com/search?q=b85m-g+chassis+intrude
>>
>>291493
The only solution it said was change the bio battery what makes no sense because the mother board is brand new and has only just been turned on.
>>
>>291507
It was hardly the only solution. I just guessed at one of them.
>>
>>291511
Care to share?
>>
>>291478
OP here, I got it to work by taking the bios battery out and back in, but I have to do it every time I quit the bios, what should I do now? I want to install a OS but idk if you can do that in BIOS.
>>
Set time and date in the Bios move from ASCI to SAT disable Virtualisation and Network Boot!
>>
>>291478
Your front panel connector is wired wrong.

There's connector for a switch on it called "chassis intrusion detection"; to use it, you connect a switch that switches when the case is opened, then if someone opens the case to steal your RAM, it triggers the alarm you're seeing.

Your motherboard clearly has something stupid attached to this connector, which is why you're getting the chassis intrusion alarm even though you don't have one of those switches.
>>
>>291752
Then could you please show me what to unhook? I wasn't aware of this, this error is really annoying as it's making it impossible to inst a OS it even change my BIOS.
>>
>>292028
RTFM
>>
>>292090
Will do, I'm not even sure if my mother board has a chassis intrusion detection cord or slot.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 749x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 749x472px
>>292028
It's in your manual.

I don't know why you took the jumper off, but put it back on.
>>
>>292170
Just checked mine, I never even had it plugged in and I still get this error, like wtf?
>>
>>292176
RTFM. It needs to be plugged in, or you will get this error.
>>
>>292183
Oh right I will, but quick question, the chassis Intrude has 8 pins, the cord I'm guessing is the right cord only has 4, is that supposed to be like that or do I not have the proper cord?
>>
Op here agian, so I pull it in like I was supposed to but now, there's a new problem, all of my fans power on, but my PC refuses to turn on, I have to unplug it to make it work but if I plug it back in it turns the PC off and it won't turn back on, df is with this? There is no way to power off the fans while it's plugged in and no way to turn on the PC, FML and inb4 RTFM it says nothing about this in the manual, I'll have to Google it but I doubt I'll find what I'm looking for..
>>
File: IMG_2379b.jpg (44KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2379b.jpg
44KB, 800x490px
you know what a jumper is right OP? they look like this. Plug one in that 4 pin so that the two pins labeled "chassis signal" and "ground" are connected by the jumper.
>>
File: 1431802296948.jpg (44KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1431802296948.jpg
44KB, 650x487px
wait did you plug/unplug the jumper while the PC was powered on? RIP motherboard.
>>
>>292238
Yup, it even said that my power supply had a volt error when I did.
>>
>>292243
yeah you probably need a new motherboard now.
DO NOT HOTPLUG SHIT WHEN THE PC IS POWERED UP. fucking rip
>>
>>291478
piece of shit monitor
>>
>>292291
It still turns on so I doubt it.
>>292296
Thanks I know, I really need to get a new one.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.