[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Vocab & Grammar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: frenchman.jpg (29KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
frenchman.jpg
29KB, 298x400px
I know 3 languages fluently: German, English and Turkish. This makes it hard for me to earn new languages.

I am very bad in french, I can't even form proper long sentences in french and everyone in my class seems to outclass me. Vocabulary is weird in french, because there are words that exist in other languages like german and english, but have a different meaning in french (visiter =/= visit; visiter = sightseeing). Not to mention, the conjugation of words is the worst! And there are hundreds upon hundreds of exceptions in every grammar rule.

Getting a partner, watching french media, asking teachers, etc dont seem to help either...

Any tips on learning french in the easiest way? And possibly the quickest?
>>
Are you me?
..Or am I you?
>>
>>291410
>Turkish
>English

Ich weiß schon bescheid du Kanacke!

The easiest way to learn a language is to speak it. Try to describe the things you see in french (in your mind) and have a small dictionary at hand. Otherwise just translate everything you want to say to french and hope you soak something up.
>>
File: 1479475709170m.jpg (111KB, 1024x980px) Image search: [Google]
1479475709170m.jpg
111KB, 1024x980px
>>291410

The best way to learn French is to stop using other languages, anywhere you can.

I'm French, but since I spend all of my fuckin' time online reading in english, writing in english, listening in english, talking in english, I started to seriously suck at what's supposed to be my main language.

I can't seem to write anywhere past common-level French, but I can explain complex concepts with walls of articulate text once I switch over to English.

It's no wonder why the French are so bad at English.
>>
>>291410
Sounds like you've never learned a second language. It's nothing to do with French, it's because learning languages as a grownup is not the same thing as learning languages as a child, and no-one's ever taught you to do it.

It would be a very good idea to find a course with a smaller class size and more personal tuition. My guess is that you don't have the learning skills, because with three native languages you never realised you required them.

Failing that, there's Duolinguo, but it's really more of a study and revision aid than an actual course. But it will help with the kind of active learning you need to learn a second language.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.