[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adding tags to files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 145046664171.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
145046664171.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
I need X program to help me add words (sorta like tags) to filenames. I have about 3k photos that needs to have "tags" added. Or even a program that lets me quickly copy a preset word to my clipboard with a keyboard shortcut or even paste a preset with a shortcut.

Help greatly appreciated.
And i know windows has a tagging system. Its not super helpful.
>>
https://github.com/hydrusnetwork

learning curve is a little steep, but it's like having your own booru.
>>
>>291068
I'm kinda lost here anon, care to explain a bit more?
>>
>>291043
Fucking retard watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmughbUu2k
>>
>>291043
Shameless self bump
>>
>add words (sorta like tags) to filenames
in wat form? based on what info?
>>
>>291119
After googling what "Booru" is i kinda want something of a sort, but with the "tags" in the actual filename.

For example a picture of Stalin riding a unicorn in space would have the filename "Funny Stalin Space Unicorn". What i need is a program to help me add words to the filename quickly as i have about 3k photos to sort.

What would also be useful is a program that copies a preset word to my clipboard using a shortcut so that i may paste it into my filename quickly. Or just one that paste a preset word to whatever i'm renaming. For example: Ctrl + Alt + Num1 would copy "Stalin" (Preset) to my keyboard OR Paste "Stalin" directly to whatever i'm renaming.

Sorry for the wall of text but i hope i'm a bit more clear.
>>
>>291079
from what i've read of the docs so far:

you install the thing.

you tell it to import all of your pictures (and you tell it to not delete the originals - it makes copies of them). you can then add tags to the images and search on those tags.
>>
>>291181
I gave it a try. It's pretty easy to use. It basically lets one import their pictures/files and add tags to them for easy organization. However it does not rename the actual file or modify it in anyway. So without the hydrus program i'm basically back to step 1, so its not useful to me. But a pretty neat program.
>>
Shameless self bump. Once again.
>>
File: figure_06.gif (7KB, 370x443px) Image search: [Google]
figure_06.gif
7KB, 370x443px
ntfs already has tagging built in (keywords), but these reside on the disk metadata, not on the file itself. not sure about other file systems (like the older fat32, or etx4 and whatever applel rebranded filesystem uses nowadays), but versus using an external bd, i think using the filesystem own metadata capabilities is worth it, specially for searching purposes youll need to maintain the same filesystem across backups for this metadata to stay "attached" to the files)

gl
>>
>>291771
just to be clear, and because i forgot to include it, you can bulk select files of the same type and add keywords to them, no need to do this one by one
>miniature view
>ctrl + select those you want to have the same tag/keywords
>properties -> keywords
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.