[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have to press hard to get left ctrl to register

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: XpUO3nY.jpg (900KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
XpUO3nY.jpg
900KB, 2048x1152px
left-ctrl sensor worn out possibly, when i look at the floppy logic sheet there is a round sort of slight wearing on it from the switch/rubberdome. Is there anything I can do to make the sensor more responsive/sensitive? tried wiping it with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol, still have to press kind of hard.

brand is gateway 2000
model is 2196003-00-111

Anyone experienced with rubberdomes?
>>
File: LTnr68J.jpg (155KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
LTnr68J.jpg
155KB, 1152x2048px
>>
update: looks like I solved it, the back of the rubberdome its self had some dirt on it, wiping it off fixed it
>>
>>290990
did you know? walmart sell new keyboards for $5.
>>
>>290997
Good job, OP.

If it keeps playing up, there's a paint you can get called "keypad fix". You clean the black bit of the dome, and paint it on, and it makes the dome work good as new.

>>291070
Yeah, but it wouldn't be OP's keyboard now, would it?

Back in the day, PCs cost $1500, and no-one would spend that on a PC with a shitty keyboard.

Old PC keyboards just feel really nice. The build quality is really high, and the ergonomics just feel right.
>>
>>291086
>Old PC keyboards just feel really nice. The build quality is really high, and the ergonomics just feel right.

i agree with you, and would even go as far as to say the keyboards that came with DEC's VT-220 terminal were the shit. but given the habits of most anons, even the best keyboard becomes a trap for skin flakes, particles of food, hair, dead insects and Zerglings.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.