[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume template

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 2a88d4c18bdad7fbb235a1b2e052b7b9.png (697KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2a88d4c18bdad7fbb235a1b2e052b7b9.png
697KB, 1024x768px
Anyone here an industry professional with a quality and professionally made resume they would be willing to share?

I've been in the same job for the past 5 years (I'm in my late 20s) and I'm looking to transition from government to the private sector.

Unfortunately, my resume is probably joke. I can't really find any good resources for resume creation.

Anyone here a recruiter or human resources professional willing to share some redacted resumes that stood out?
>>
>>290903
Mate, you don't need a fancy looking resume. I got loads of praise from mine and all I used was the MS Word template. Just make sure there is no spelling/ grammar issues (get friends/relatives to proof read) keep it at no more than 2 pages, you sell your self and cover the following on it.
Name/contact details.
Objective/blurb/summary about yourself (1 sentence)
Education
Employment/Volunteer work.
Skills (technical / physical) (these don't even need to be fancy, saying you are skilled in using MS Word etc is actually quite useful for employers)
Personal Attributes.
Hobbies/interests (so you don't seem like a boring ass)
and your referees.
There's of course more to write depending of the type of job you're going for (for example putting a website/github link showcasing your shit).
>>
>>290903
>industry professional
Which industry?
>>
Just use one of Google's templates.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/?ftv=1&tgif=c#
>>
File: 1487993555918.jpg (61KB, 649x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487993555918.jpg
61KB, 649x576px
>>291205
Information systems. I'm trying to transition out of my job in government to the private sector. I handle every aspect of our enterprise case management system, except the network configurations. Training, support, configuration, implementing new business practices, QA testing, and account administration.

My resume has been getting bounced by everyone BUT government (flopped 3 interviews for various reason, unwilling to travel/unwilling to take polygraph/bad reference check). I assume I'm not using the fancy industry lingo that has been developed over the past 10 years on my resume, so it isn't getting past the resume filtering software.

My wife is running into the same issue (probably because I helped her with making her resume). She has a Masters in CS and 2 years in government as a programmer (and some years doing odd ball jobs while she was in school. Her resume has only been picked up once by Amazon and that was primarily because it got in the hands of a recruiter (she bombed the first interview, they were asking her about languages she didn't focus on).
>>
>>291614
I'm not much help, I've been in govt myself for basically my whole career. Wouldn't know where to start if I had to fend for myself in the private sector.

Is there a network/sysadmin/? board or subreddit? Might pay to check there. I don't know if too many /wsr/tists will be able to help.

If you're desperate, you could copypasta your stuff here (redacted, naturally) for feedback.
>>
>>291614
>the private sector
Big mistake anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4394VCS7POE
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.