[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Shit is my PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Old_computer.jpg (47KB, 502x377px) Image search: [Google]
Old_computer.jpg
47KB, 502x377px
How shit is my computer?
>Vista Home Basic 32bit OS
>CPU:AMD Athlon Neo MV-26 Huron 65nm Technology
>Motherboard: eMachines WMCP61M (Socket AM2 )
>Graphics:HP w2207 (1680x1050@59Hz)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Some stats:
>CANNOT RUN ANY GAMES PERIOD. BF1-DOOM-PONG (I tried)
>Major Frame rate drops with the dinosaur jumper game in Chrome
>Can't run a YT video above 360p (infinite buffering if higher)
>Can't watch YT in fullscreen PERIOD.

Help me please.
>>
>>290154
there are luddite/hipster faggots on /g/ still using stuff from the 80s so it could be worse but jesus man, literally any laptop from the last decade has better specs

Do some oddjobs or something to get money for a new one
>>
Good enough for shitposting.

Should play 720p anime with a little tweaking. This involves chucking Windows and installing Linux with a lightweight window manager.

What I speculate is possible with the machine is sticking in more RAM, a basic video card and an Athlon X4 chip (these used to grow on trees). This won't make it a speed demon, but you should be able to play 1080p animes.
>>
>>290154
>shitposting on /wsr/
truly, you have too much time on your hands.
>>
File: 8434824350_a12b7d33d2_m.jpg (6KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
8434824350_a12b7d33d2_m.jpg
6KB, 187x200px
>>290154
I've had shits with more power
>>
>>290154
>How Shit is my PC
donateto-a-person-in-need-of-a-working-machine-and-start-a-new level
seriously, you computer is worse than my 2010 netbook, which i thought could not be possible
>>
>>290154
hah with your nasa tech heh youll reach the moon
>>
>>CANNOT RUN ANY GAMES PERIOD. BF1-DOOM-PONG (I tried)

That is far more likely to be user error than anything to do with your computer.
>>
>>291039
No it's not: OP's PC is literally from the same era as the PS2.

A Raspberry Pi 2 is more powerful than OP's PC.

My phone is more powerful than OP's PC.

>>290154
If you want YouTube, you could get a used Nvidia NVS off eBay for $5.

But you'd be better off getting a used Optiplex, ThinkStation, etc.
>>
>>291090
I got my first computer in 1989 and played games on it all the time. Pong is from the 70s, he should be able to run that.
>>
>>291098
Not on Vista he won't.
>>
>>291090
>A Raspberry Pi 2 is more powerful than OP's PC.
indeed, and you actually raise a very good point, for $35-ish op could get a raspi 3 and play mame32 games way better than on his current pc. the only issue is the screen which does not feature an hdmi connector
i would still "scrap" the build (give to someone that needs a computer to do simple word/spreadsheet stuff) and build a new one (even if its made from ultra cheap second hand parts of fleabay)
>>
>>291114
This is BS; my wife's previous PC came with Vista and we left it on there since it ran her games (Sims 3 and some others) without issue.

Vista cops a lot of flack; most of it is unwarranted.
>>
>>291207
>Sims 3
>pong
dos compatibility ended with xp, pal. at the very least op would need dosbox to run old dos games, but i doubt he could even mount the folder with the game in it
the pc is absolute junk, even by last decade standards, who wants to use a 1.6ghz single-core machine in this day and age? thats like going back into the age of celeron 3 and floppy disks, and if you are going to do that at least use xp or win2k
>>
>>291090
I'm not sure why you believe any of those are arguments against user error. Games existed when the type of computer OP described was the standard, and were compatible with it. It's ridiculous to argue otherwise.

If he literally cannot play any games, not even the default games that Windows comes with, it's his fault in some way.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.