[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a iphone 6 in recovery mode that goes error -1 when I try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iphons-6s.jpg (869KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iphons-6s.jpg
869KB, 1600x1200px
Got a iphone 6 in recovery mode that goes error -1 when I try to update/reset it with Itunes, what can I do to fix it?

by googling it, it seems that the problem is there because the phone is jailbroken, what can I do to see if it's jailbroken so I can finally reset it? If I do the recovery proceedure it will just return to the recovery screen, so I dunno what to do to check.

Thank you in advance.

P.s. I dunno the iOS system, I literally got the phone today with this screen.
>>
"give it back jamal" etc

I vaguely recall I had to turn off my firewall in order for an iOS update (iPod Touch) through iTunes to work. Try doing that.
>>
>>288809
Do this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI

This won't remove any iCloud lock, so if you stole it, you're wasting your time. It will completely erase the phone, including any customisation done to it.

>>288865
There's no evidence it's stolen. Yet.
>>
>>288871
>>288865
I bought it off ebay as a faulty spare, the only problem was this thou, so I thought giving it a try.

The only problem so far is the error -1, now I'll try your solutions and make you know, thank you.
>>
If your iphone is jailbroken, you have to download manually your phone ios version, after that, while you are in itunes, press shift while clicking restore button, choose that ipsw file which u downloaded, and the process should be done, your phone should be restored but with no jailbreak left. this dont work if you have jailbreaked your phone in tethered mode. tethered mode- it means that after phone restarts, you have turn on ypur phone with app which u jailbreaked your phone. tell my what kind of jailbreak where u using pls for further info.
>>
i think this iphone version is 10.0.0 or 10.0.1 or 10.1.1, try to download all 3 of them and do as i said
>>
or try to put your phone into dfu mode, u can find tutorials how to do it in youtube, and while phone is in dfu mode, try to restore it
>>
>>288920
No you don't. iTunes is smart enough to download the right iPhone software without you having to tell it.

>>288923
You mean like the one in >>288871 ?
>>
>>288920
OP here.

As I said before, I bought the phone as faulty spare on ebay, and I was trying to restore it because it seems that it's only problem is only this. (The error -1) The screen is fine, the LCD unit is fine, the connector works properly and iTunes recognise it, but it sadly does that one error when I try to do the restore. I tried to use other software along with iTunes to do basically the same procedure, like dr. fone, and it says that the phone is on iOS 9.2 (And I would trust it, because it detects the right model and model code along with it).

I DIDN'T apply any jailbreak, so I don't know anything about it. I don't care about losing or mantaining it, I would like to learn more about this phone enviroment and to have a functional phone (if possible) that I legitimately paid.

Now I'll try to enter DFU mode, and I hope it'll work.

Further info, if I remove restore mode from the phone, the cellphone doesn't proceed further than the apple logo.

Is there a way to detect which kind of jb is being used so I may try to recover the phone by using its tools just in case, I already looked up programs that can easily remove the jb afterwards if needed, but they are all apps, so I cannot install them if I don't have phone access.
>>
I tried two times using DFU mode and after checking the system and proceeding to restore the phone always make the same error at the exact same percentage.

I'm now trying to delete the iOS update to download it again without firewall and then trying again, but I don't think it'll work, any ideas? any custom ios firmware I can use? Thanks.
>>
>>289237
There's no such thing as custom iOS firmware. iDevices will only boot IPSWs signed by Apple.

Furthermore, DFU mode completely wipes the device: if you do the action properly, the 1BL in ROM erases the entire flash and awaits instructions. If it won't flash in DFU mode, it can't be a software problem because there isn't any software.

The scenarios I can think of are:

- you've got a broken lightning port (though it probably shouldn't be syncing at all if that's the case)
- someone "upgraded" the baseband firmware to a version from a different model of phone, and the official IPSW can't downgrade it to the version that actually works.

If it's the latter, your best option would be to sell it to a stupid person on eBay that's looking for a cheap iPhone and reckons he can fix it.
>>
>>289266
Let's see.

The link video of >>288871 anon doesn't work.
I just thought that it may be because the video is outdated. Then I just switched to another video talking speciafically about Iphone 6 and I just so that it was just me being stupid, and of course needed to connect it to the pc before.

My doubt started because if I connect the phone to the pc port it gets automatically recognised and it goes to restore mode (like the stock photo in the OP).But, if I turn off the device to start everything the phone just immediately turn on again, so I basically cannot proceed. So I just used RecBoot to forcefully switch the phone out of recovery mode, this way it seems to be turned off completely (The pc makes the sound of removed device too). Then I proceed to do all the steps, and the phone seems to enter DFU mode(iTunes recognise it being in recovery mode, but the screen seems to be black). iTunes downloaded the firmware again throu the whole process, and then execute the restoration part, the phone responds like it is in recovery mode, with the apple logo and the progress bar below, but after it reaches like 60% of progress on it and iTunes says that it's trying to restore everything, I get the error.

>someone "upgraded" the baseband firmware to a version from a different model of phone, and the official IPSW can't downgrade it to the version that actually works.

That may be true, but it seems to be weird, because the restoration progress goes throu a lot of phases, also one that checks the iOS in the phone, and the phone doesn't get stuck in there, it actually advances, to then get stuck later and give up.
Also, I run a test using dr fone, and the program actually recognise the system OS to be 9.2. and the model to be an Iphone 6, shouldn't it act weird in the case you listed?
Last thing I forgot to mention, I bought a random Lighting cable from LinQ to do this procedure, would it influence the execution by any chance, rather than using an original one?
>>
>>289281
Sorry about the typos on the third row the correct phrase would be:
>I just thought that it may be because the video was outdated. Then I just switched to another video talking specifically about Iphone 6 and I just saw that it was me being stupid, and of course I needed to connect it to the pc before.
>>
>>289266
>If it's the latter, your best option would be to sell it to a stupid person on eBay that's looking for a cheap iPhone and reckons he can fix it.
You mean like OP?
>>
last up for any additional help somebody may give.

Right now I'm trying to do a downgrade using SHSH2, let's see what will happen.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.