[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone knows what happens if I file a DMCA counterclaim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: img121.jpg (415KB, 1506x1522px) Image search: [Google]
img121.jpg
415KB, 1506x1522px
Does anyone knows what happens if I file a DMCA counterclaim in YouTube that isn't fully covered by fair use?

Context: I uploaded a 29 sec. clip of The Wind Rises being broadcasted on TV. Ghibli take it down. I counterclaimed given that it was in low quality, no free alternative exists (of the news of said film being broadcasted on a TV channel) and it does only has the 0.5% of the actual movie. Now I'm waiting for the approval of YouTube. Since isn't trasnformative, I'm swating right now.

I wanted to take the counterclaim back but I can't. Will Ghibli sue me for real? I live in South America, if that helps.
>>
>>288796
No you'll just lose your Youtube account. But if it's your first strike probably nothing.
>>
>>288802
It's my first strike but I've already filled the counterclaim.

I don't have 75K USD.
>>
>>288805
So they'll deny it and delete the video or force it private/no one else can watch it, something like that.
>>
>>288807
So it's not very probable a eventual suing by Ghibli, right?
>>
>>288808
Why would they bother suing a random individual that probably has no money? It's not worth the time and money to go to court. They'll just take the video down or close the account.
>>
>>288816
The video is already taken down.
>>
>>288818
I meant deny the counterclaim.
>>
>>288824
According to YouTube, if they want to deny the counterclaim, they must sue me (and show proof to YouTube that there's legal action being taken) in those 10 business days; otherwise, the video is restored.

That's why I'm scared as fuck.
>>
>>288831
Can't you just delete the video as a way to "cancel" the counterclaim?
>>
Calm down man, I don't think anything will happen to you.
>>
>>289049
No. Since it was taken down thru a DMCA and not thru Content ID, I can't do nothing to the video, can't change a single bit of it, that includes deleting.
>>
>>289256
Did you enter your real info?
>>
>>289258
Yes, I had too hope.
>>
>>288796
Mate you said you live in South American country. They ain't gonna be arsed trying to track down someone who lives in those places. The US or Japan, yeah maybe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.