[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime suggestions for the traditional Japanese culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: BQu3o73-studio-ghibli-wallpapers.jpg (416KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
BQu3o73-studio-ghibli-wallpapers.jpg
416KB, 1600x900px
Recently I've fallen in love with some of the ways of the Japanese culture- the way they use bowls, chopsticks, onsen, no shoes in the home etc. I already know of some anime like Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hackusho, Fruits Basket and Samurai Champloo, but I feel as if they are not quite what I am looking for in terms of traditional Japanese value. I hope I'm making sense and I'm looking forward to your response! P.s I'm aware of older anime and movie such as works of Miyazaki and studio Ghibli
>>
>>288015
hoozuki no reitetsu
samurai champloo
hanasaku iroha
joshiraku
tamako market
>>
Hyouge Mono
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Uchouten Kazoku
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Aoi Bungaku
Miss Hokusai
Tale of Princess Kaguya
>>
Goddamit, no mention of Rurouni Kenshin is only sign of how shitty general culture became.
>>
>>288033
>abloo bloo no one mentioned my dime a dozen toonami show
>>
>>288017
>>288018
These cover basically everything I was going to recommend. But I would say Onihei, a show from this season, is also a pretty good period piece from the Edo Period.
>>
>>288018
The thing is, I know of backwash anime like ranma or cowboy bebop. I just want to learn more about traditional Japanese culture through anime watching. I must say that my favorite anime of all time pays more attention to their culture than picking up and always saving the women.... Or focusing on space travel. With all that being said, I've never heard of ANY of the anime you've mentioned and I am eager to search them up!
>>
File: samurai-x-trust-betrayal-ova.jpg (40KB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
samurai-x-trust-betrayal-ova.jpg
40KB, 300x413px
>>288033
The OVA "Trust and Betrayal" Is definitely worth at least.

For some others

Here is Greenwood
The Laughing Target
Barefoot Gen
Dagger of Kamui
Paranoia Agent
Video Girl Ai

I think, "Only Yesterday." is exactly what you're looking for though.
>>
File: 1442878296047.jpg (243KB, 1683x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1442878296047.jpg
243KB, 1683x1079px
Non non biyori for that country japan feel
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.