[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blossoming Weeb here, I really liked Bobobo and Samurai Pizza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: bobobowallpaper2.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bobobowallpaper2.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
Blossoming Weeb here, I really liked Bobobo and Samurai Pizza Cats. Are there any more shows like this?
>>
Gintama is a good (not so good at the beginning) comedy + action, but not as crazy as bobobo. Nichijou is more absurd comedy, but it's not on the same category, it's not any adventure.
>>
Ixion Saga DT?
>>
>>287915
panty and stocking, space dandy, yondemasu yo azazel, chromartie high
>>
>>287942
When would you say it gets good then?
Because if it's 1 or 2 whole seasons, could I just start after?
>>
Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
Butt Attack Punisher Girl Gautaman
Dragon Half
Elf Princess Rain
FLCL
Kekko Kamen
Ultimate Teacher
Outlanders
Sukeban Deka
Dead Leaves

All are shorter OVA/series, but definitely have similar brand of humor/action that those shows have
>>
>>287983
Chromartie High looks great, and so does space dandy.

>>288094
I remember watching FLCL as a kid, I'll definately check it out again.

Also, how is one punch man? My coworker keeps recommending it to me, but does it have the surreal action that bobobo has? I'm doubtful because the other stuff he recommended(Sword art online, attack on titan) I wasn't a huge fan of.
>>
>>287915
old school surreal comedy: Excel Saga
recent surreal comedy: Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
>>288097
the surreal thing about OPM is the contrast between the comedic and plain MC and the super serious everyone else.
>>
>>288109
All right, I'll check it out OPM then.
Do you have a recommendation on dub vs sub for Excel Saga and OPM?
I tried watching the sub of bobobo and I liked it a lot less.
>>
File: 1418855462880.jpg (244KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1418855462880.jpg
244KB, 860x1236px
>>288123
I enjoyed the dub of excel saga, haven't seen the sub but it can't be bad

I watched the sub of OPM and haven't heard one way or the other on the dub

a loooot of dubs are really bad so getting used to subs would be helpful if you want to keep watching anime for a long time in the future.

OPM manga is also great
>>
>>288123
The dubs of both are pretty top-notch, and anyone saying otherwise is most likely being elitist or biased because they watched it in japanese first.

However, unlike Bobobo's dub they're pretty faithful to the japanese version so you're gonna get a lot more japanese humor, and less american/western references.
>>
>>288128
>>288129
I started watching the dub of excel saga, but am I missing anything from the untranslated japanese subtitles? Like the title aliens or the guy who never talks?
>>
>>288154
There should be some sort of signs and songs subtitle track that translates those in the file that translates those.
>>
>>288175
I'm watching off of streaming sites because I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>287983
Cromartie is the best show recommended in this thread and the most appropriate recommendation in this board
>>
>>288260
Is the dub any good, or should I try the sub?
I plan on watching that one next after I finish Excel Saga
>>
>>288388
The dub is intentionally bad, iirc, which made it actually way better
>>
>>288400
Awesome.
I think I'll love it then.
>>
>>288400
>>288405
if you want intentionally bad dubs making a brilliant comedy check out ghost stories
>>
>>288754
I looked into it, I'll add it to my list.
Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.