[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Issues with DTS-HD audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

>trying to play the Judgment 1080p TV version of the original Ghost in the Shell movie (which is apparently the best version out here)

>audio is weak as fuck

I'm playing this on a laptop btw (with MPC-HC player). I don't know what's the problem, maybe the audio file format (compatibility issue?) because I've got literally no problem with other videos until now.

Image quality is neat. But the audio is just too weak.

Please help me.
>>
File: MPC.png (13KB, 633x370px) Image search: [Google]
MPC.png
13KB, 633x370px
>>287714

If you had the same problem as me, then follow these steps and it might solve the problem.

Go to Play > Filters > LAV Audio Decoder (Internal)

Then go to the "Mixing" tab and then check the box for "Enable Mixing" and then maybe change the drop-down to "Stereo".

That's what fixed it for me, anyway. Hopefully it does the same for you.
>>
>>287714
All DD and DTS tracks are quieter, so they can go louder when they want to go loud.

This is called "headroom".
>>
>>287734

It's a bit better, but the audio is still rather weak.

Actually, the voices are weak compared to the sound effects. The difference in intensity is perturbing.

>>287742
Yeah I read about this, but in my case I still think that's wayyy too weak.

I've even tried with speakers (now mine are really mid-tier quality I think), same result.
>>
>>287747
>voices
You're probably missing the center channel.

Check your downmixing settings again.
>>
>>287767
>You're probably missing the center channel.

What do you mean?

There is a "Center Mix Level" parameter, it improves slightly the voices, but I still find it isn't enough

I mean, I've got something "decent" with max volume, but it's still a little disturbing compared to other videos
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.