[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lupin the Third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Bluejacket_promo2.jpg (975KB, 2200x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Bluejacket_promo2.jpg
975KB, 2200x1530px
I want to get into Lupin the Third. Where should I start? TV series first? The old ones? Should I bother with the mangas?
>>
>>285588
Reall you can start wherever. I guess you could just try out Castle of Cagliostro first by Miyazaki. Then you could check out Woman Called Fujiko Mine. If you liked the first one more, check out the original series, if you liked the second one more check out the one from last year.
>>
File: Lupin.png (4MB, 600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Lupin.png
4MB, 600x5000px
>>285588

You can start out with the Ghibli movie, Cagliostro, if you want something easy to get into. Just know that while it does a great job of getting you familiar with the characters in 10 seconds, they're all a bit toned down from the TV show. They're supposed to be older or something.

But start off with the original TV anime that's like 33 episodes or something and then watch whatever you want from there. Going in order of the TV shows and then watching the OVAs/specials/movies would probably be best though. Some of the early TV episodes are just absolutely ridiculous that I can't recommend skipping them.

None of them are connected or follow a storyline except for A Woman Called Fujiko Mine and maybe Jigen's Gravestone and the 2015 TV series? so you don't have to worry about any of that.

Best way to watch it would be with some friends, so if you've got any that are into silly stuff, try to get them to watch Lupin with you. It made all of the crazy plots even more funny for me.

Basically, do whatever you want, really.
>>
>>285597
>Some of the early TV episodes are just absolutely ridiculous that I can't recommend skipping them.

So watch them BECAUSE they're ridiculous?
>>
>>285602

Yeah, pretty much.

I don't want to spoil them, but some of them get insane. Like, even for the world and characters of Lupin, there's still some laws of logic and the characters usually have sane reasoning. But some of the episodes go beyond every single expectation I could have whether it be characters, plot, or otherwise.

I feel like I'm hyping it up too much that you'll just be disappointed, especially since it's an old show, but if you have a similar mindset to myself, you'll probably be very entertained.
>>
I have Hulu and Part II is on there. I'll try finding part I of the series. BTW, subbed or dubbed? I don't mind subtitles.
>>
>>285612

I'm biased, but definitely go for the Japanese voices.
>>
>>285615
Just watched the first episode on crunchyroll. I don't have a subscription and didn't sign up, but I was able to watch the whole thing. Is this normal?!
>>
>>285621

I think most things on Crunchyroll are available for free. The things you get with a subscription are something like no ads, manga, Japanese drama shows?, 1080p resolution (which doesn't matter much), and new episodes right after they put them up.
>>
I was into anime in the 80s, so I have no issue watching this. It looks really good. Thanks for the info.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.