[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jailbreak found iphone6 help pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

So I have found an iphone 6s and I'm writting this post because I have never had a mac product before so Im not really sure how it goes. I have read that iphones can be blocked by icloud and some other stuff, but I also read that if you find an iphone, it can be unlocked by jailbreaking it and I was wondering how its done so I can restart the phone to default settings and be free to use it and unblock it completely. I havent turned it on or anything like that yet just in case it can be be tracked because I dont want to be accused of stealing it when I really just found it on the street
>>
http://www.imore.com/how-find-owner-lost-or-stolen-iphone

This article suggests using siri to call a relative of the owner, usually their parents.

Good luck and update me!
>>
@No.285520 bye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IiHRSBAMwU
>>
File: 1458273438371.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1458273438371.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>285522
>@No.285520
>>
>>285469

Hand it in, Tyrone.
>>
turn it in to the proper authorities
>>
>>285530
Wont hand shit
>>
>>285571
Even the FBI cant unlock an iphone. So unless you have some future tech from 2078, your shit out of luck faggot.
>>
>>285577
go suck a bag full of dicks you twat
>>
>>285469
>I don't want to be accused of stealing when I stole it
>>
>>285624
aint it crazy heh
>>
>>285469
>if you find an iphone, it can be unlocked by jailbreaking it
This is wrong. Unlocking it requires swapping the NAND, which is extremely difficult. I've done it before. Just sell the phone for parts.
>>
>>285698
Thank you sir, finally someone who answers to the question instead telling me whats the right and moral thing to do like all these bunch of pussy bitchass twats, thank you cuuh
>>
>>285698
Technically the NAND is the phone, the way the lower receiver is the AR-15. You've still not unlocked the phone, you've just used its motherboard to repair a broken one.

And you won't get touch-ID, unless you have the home button from the donor phone.
>>
>>285850
>>285698
so guys, I just turned it on and asked me to restore, I did, and it wasnt blocked, it let me choose an Icloud account and all that, so I just created my own, is there something else i can do or have to do to make sure it wont get blocked? or its already free and mine this way?
>>
>>285864
You should probably replace it with another iPhone, so you don't lose voice and 3G when its owner reports it stolen and its IMEI gets blocked.
>>
>>285867
what do you mean? so if now the icloud is under my mail and all that, they can still get it blocked?is there some way to avoid the IMEI block?
>>
>>285871
IMEI on the phone can't be changed, and the block is on the phone companies' end. The owner reports his phone stolen, and the phone companies stop letting it on their networks.

You could try moving to a country that doesn't share IMEI reporting with the USA, like Zimbabwe or Vietnam.
>>
>>285873
Im in europe and found the phone here but ILl be in the US, does it make a difference?
>>
>>285873
wouldnt jailbreaking avoid it from getting blocked doe?
>>
>>285873
http://www.thetechnologyupdates.com/how-to-change-the-imei-number-of-iphone/

Is that possible? Can I jailbreak it and change the imei?
>>
>>285914
>>285877
No. Smartphones have two processors: the application processor that does the "smart", and the baseband processor that does the "phone".

You jailbreak the OS on the application processor, and the IMEI lives on the baseband processor.

In principle you could make the application processor hack the baseband processor, but the only customers would be people who steal phones and people who won't pay unlock fees, so no-one's bothered to try.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.