[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NVIDIA Drivers causes black screen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: XjcWJAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
XjcWJAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
5KB, 299x168px
Dowloaded new NVIDIA drivers a few hours ago, after restarting I get a black screen. Even safe mode boots up in black screen. Anyone ever had similar issues?
>>
>safe mode boots up in black screen
that shouldnt be, can you enter the bios? if not or if its corrupted then you got a dead graphics card
>>
>>283550
I've had that with a knockoff card.
>>
>>283577
I can enter the BIOS, I even get the "starting windows" screen, but then everything goes blank. I fon't understand this. I just updated my drivers and a minute later this shit happens. Took out the GPU and connected the monitor to the MOBO, same black screen.
>>
>>283550
OP here, posting this from my PC.
I managed to fix this somehow after 5 fucking hours of trouble shooting. Here's the entire process for anyone interested, maybe this helps you in the future.

-I wanted to see if the problem was an issue with the graphics card itself, so I took the GPU out and connected the monitor directly to the motherboard with a VGA cable, which didn't help (Could enter BIOS, see "starting windows" screen, but just black screen beyond that).
-Restarted the PC and selected safe-mode, before waiting for it to reach the black screen again I held my PC's power button for a few seconds and wait for it to shut down.
-Re-seated the GPU and switched back to the DVI-D cable that connects the GPU to the monitor.
-This time upon booting up I was met with a "repair windows" option, where I was able to complete a system restore. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Anyway, I'm not sure what it was, but I'd be wary of that NVIDIA update.
>>
>>283550
You have a i3, i5 or i7 gen 4 or below, your graphics is now not compatible with win 10 64bit, it's Intel's and Microsoft's way of fucking you over, either win 7 it or win 10 32bit will be ok
>>
>>283615
I have windows 7.
i5 3470, GTX 770.
A bit outdated for sure, but I shouldn't be getting these black screens. Seems like other people have been experiencing this with NVIDIA drivers as well, but I never heard of anybody being unable to even access the safe-mode in the black screen situation.
>>
>>283618
Yes that is strange does your cap locks key flash on start up
>>
>>283624
Yes, it does.
Does that indicate something?
>>
>>283626
Graphics chip failure, your graphics needs reflowing I'm sorry to tell you
>>
>>283628
That seems a bit far-fetched, especially if you extract this kind of information from a blinking light. Do you have any source on that?
Either way, I still manage to play recent games on medium settings with good performance. I've been planning on getting a new PC anyway, so it doesn't really matter that much, just rather do it later than now.
>>
>>283631
I've told you what i think it is, it gives you a point to look into at least, i hope I'm wrong, i mean what do i know i just run a computer repair shop
>>
>>283628
>>283624
>>283615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rMsgmaBV8g
>>
>>283633
>Witchfinders didn't get paid by the hour. Any witchfinder who spent a week examining the local crones and then told the mayor, "Well done, not a pointy hat among the lot of them," would get fulsome thanks, a bowl of soup and a meaningful goodbye.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.