[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does leaving charge on hurt laptop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1489104673532s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1489104673532s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
I turn charge off when i turn it off but when i'm using it i always have the charge on, could this hurt the laptop?
>>
>>281481
>but when i'm using it i always have the charge on, could this hurt the laptop?
Yes.

Once the device battery is at 100% you should always plug out the charger.

Plug it back once your battery is back to 30~15%
>>
>>281481
There are two types of people in this world: people who micromanage trivial shit, and people who replace consumables when they wear out.

You have to decide which you are.

>>281487
I know I do this with my phone. I have an alarm set so I can get up in the middle of the night and unplug it.
>>
>>281497
>I know I do this with my phone. I have an alarm set so I can get up in the middle of the night and unplug it.
kek
>>
>>281487
This isn't true anymore, it was a decade ago, but no longer. Laptops are now smart enough to know not to overcharge.
>>
>>281525
No, it's always been true and still is.

Lithium-ion batteries destroy themselves just by existing, and they do it fastest when they're fully-charged and hot, and slowest when they're around 40% and cool. It was never about overcharging: if you overcharge them they go on fire.

None of this matters, though: they're a cheap disposable part, and it doesn't make sense to not use them just to eke out an extra six months between replacements.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.