/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170316_010209.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_010209.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
My computer is booting up, but will never go farther than letting me know that it can't start properly and has to restart. I am almost completely new to computers and I have been using this one for about half a year.
This is exactly what I have been using, except I put in a gtx 1060:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-FX8350-4-2GHz-8-Core-Desktop-PC-16GB-DDR3-256GB-SSD-1TB-Windows-7-10-/111924625106

I'm just guessing but I think it might be my hard drive, I'm getting the option to reset or go back to previous system settings but an error always happens that stops the whole procedure within a few minutes.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
>>
Is this WIndows telling you? or before windows (bios)?
>>
>>281287
Windows is telling me right after bios, with the ":(" and everything
>>
>>281290

I would test hardware by running a boot cd and trying to boot off of it. If a boot cd boots up fine and sees your hard disk and stuff then obviously your hardware is still OK and WIndows just fucked itself somehow. If that is the case I would copy my shit to USB or external hard drive and plan on re-installing.
>>
>>281291
I was thinking about that, windows 10 is what the regular operating system on the computer is but does it matter what operating system I use on the boot cd? If booting get rid of my stuff then I wouldn't mind just switching to windows 8 instead. Also, how exactly would I use a boot cd?
>>
>>281293

>does it matter what operating system I use on the boot cd?

Nope, as long as it's a boot cd. Boot cd's don't install or write over your current installed operating system. They just boot up and run off the disk or usb.

You can switch to Windows 8 but technically you would need a actual serial/key in order to activate legally. If you don't care then use KMSpico to activate.

If you have a legitimate serial I would suggest you stick with Windows 10 and use that same serial to re-activate.

>how exactly would I use a boot cd

You need to use another computer to download a .iso from a site that has bootable cd downloads. Google it and you should easily be able to find and downlaod it. Then you could use a program like Yumi or Rufus to easily put that .iso onto a thumb drive or just burn it onto a cd with any free burning program. Then boot up the computer with it while the drive is in there. You might need to hit F8 to select the dvd drive or other boot device.
>>
>>281298
Alright that doesn't sound too complicated, I've actually used KMSpico before a few times and I will attempt burning the iso onto a cd, do you think that there's any hope left if it doesn't work though?
>>
>>281300

>do you think that there's any hope left if it doesn't work though?

Any hope for what? Your PC is definitely ok.

Most likely Windows 10 just fucked itself. Most likely you just have to re-install WIndows, at worst I'd say probably buy a new HDD. I doubt that's the case though because usually when a hard drive is dead you wouldn't get to Windows.

You can try safe mode and shit but I'm not sure Windows 10 does that and I heard it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>281304
I actually tried getting safe mode to work since it gives me the option but it doesn't at all sadly, I really hope that it's just windows 10 since I have enjoyed using this computer so much. I would just want to keep using it somehow.
Well I'm going to work on getting the boot cd and I may come back to this board if I'm still confused. Thanks for the help by the way, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>281308

No problem, good luck.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.