[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf happened to my PC /wsr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wtf pc bro.jpg (13KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
wtf pc bro.jpg
13KB, 275x275px
my specs are as follows,
windows 7 X64
intel core i7 -4790k @4.00GHz.
X2 GTX 980 SLI
16 GB Ram

just a few days ago i was able to run any game at 60+ fps at max settings, and in 4k. But now on any game i frequently play at the lowest settings im not getting above 20 fps. is there anything that would suddenly cause that? none of my parts are much more than a year old, any help is appreciated.
>>
>>278950
check task manager to see whats using your resources
>>
>temperature (dust, broken fan, etc.)
>bad ram
>auto updated drivers (newer version might suck)
>e-coin mining virus infection
it can be a multitude of things, its up to you to sort which is causing it
honestly i would start with temperature checking (cpu and gpu) and then revert back the graphic card drivers to the previous version (and disable the gayforce experience thingamabob)
gl
>>
>>278979
thanks for the input anon
so far i have scanned my pc with multiple antivirus programs
>0 threats detected
cleaning out the dust was the first thing i tried
>no dice
my cpu temp under load varies between 30-40C

how do you test your ram? any software i can use?

i will try to roll back my drivers next and see what happens
>>
>>278988
get memtest86
>http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm#free
on a bootable drive (usb stick or cd) and let it run at least one pass (or until error detected)

>i will try to roll back my drivers
make sure that the drivers you end up installing dont get auto-updated again to the latest and greatest while testing

gl
>>
>>278998
None of that worked anon, but i appreciate the help for sure
>>
>>278950
Can you monitor GPU/CPU usage and temps when gaming with something like MSI Afterburner? Have you checked the GPUs separately?
>>
>>278950

Are you sure that the games are not, by any chance, using the 4790k's integrated graphics card? That would explain low performance.

You can try disabling the Intel graphics adapter in the device manager. That will force everything to use your SLI array.
>>
>>279083
This, definitively check this OP. If you are going to disable the iGPU, disable it on BIOS, that way it will not steal your ram again
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.