[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DS Lite help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I just found my DS Lite from at least 7 years ago.
It doesn't work.
When I try to boot it, it only gives me a black screen and occasionally it turns on and freezes during the opening video.

And when I'm extra lucky, it takes me to the menu but freezes randomly.

Can someone help?

If I need to open it up, can I do so without a tri wing driver?
Pic related
>>
OP is going to sleep and will return shortly.

Please do help while I am away.

Much obliged.
>>
Is there a game cart in the cart slot?
If there is, remove the cart and see if it boots normally.
(Alternatively if there's dust and shit in the empty cart slot try cleaning it out)
>>
>>278658
Take the battery out and put it back in, cold reset it
>>
>>278660
There is. No difference at all.
>>278672
done that multiple times, no worky.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I'll post pictures of the GBA port, game slot and the game card it had on.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>278779
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>278781
>>
I'm going to assume the DS lite has battery left, and that you've tried booting it while plugged into the wall. There's the whole "drain the battery until it's empty and then recharge it to full" in case it's a power issue, but you have the green light so I don't think that's the case (wouldn't hurt to try since you can't do anything with it right now anyways). If it was an issue with the cable connecting the screens the bottom screen should still turn on...

tl;dr No frickin clue, haven't encountered something like this before.
>>
>>278939
SITREP:
It turns on, works all fine but when I press too hard on the touch screen it glitches.
>>
>>279013
Just checking back in here: if it powers on normally when plugged in, chances are there's issues with your actual battery, though I'm not sure what the deal with the touch screen is.

So while I'm still not 100% sure what's wrong with it, it's a hardware issue that likely includes that battery and possibly extends beyond it.

GL OP
>>
If nothing works, open it up and take a look. It almost sounds like there could be damage to the circuitry.
>>
>>278658
Well, nintendo DS goes through a "post check" through all the devices it has to check if nothing has been disconnected. In this state you'd need to open it up and clean the mainboard connections, and remember-don't open the upper screen case or remove the ribbon of it. it's a clusterfuck to put back in place.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.