[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does backblaze fuck you if you backup pirated stuff on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: C5ZkQvnWMAAGhcB.jpg (117KB, 960x947px) Image search: [Google]
C5ZkQvnWMAAGhcB.jpg
117KB, 960x947px
Does backblaze fuck you if you backup pirated stuff on it?
>>
If someone finds out, possibly.

Just encrypt your files locally before uploading them.
>>
>>277483
Backblaze encrypts the files but the names are kept the same. Would that be enough for them to do anything?
>>
>>277465
the bigger question is, can this company see your files or file names even if they are legit
>>
>>277569
I believe the file names are visible but not files (or at least they are encrypted before being sent so are useless)
>>
wouldn't the reputation of any cloud service be destroyed if word got out that it was spying on its users like that?

if you keep the content private and don't share it publicly, pretty safe bet you won't have to worry. worst case scenario, they shut your account
>>
File: CEieUJdUMAIJVWN.jpg (203KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CEieUJdUMAIJVWN.jpg
203KB, 1024x1024px
>>277818
I've heard that some other backup service was scanning for file names but I guess all they did was delete the account. I guess with them encrypted they couldn't do anything.
>>
Just buy a big external hard drive. You can get 4 or 5TB drives for just over 100 dollars.
>>
>>277852
I want it for a backup that is offsite.
>>
>>277857
you'll just have to risk it then really. even if some providers don't check your files that might change. Unless you encrypt them locally before uploading them.
>>
File: bzbui_2017-03-09_10-46-24.png (18KB, 569x301px) Image search: [Google]
bzbui_2017-03-09_10-46-24.png
18KB, 569x301px
>>277858
Yea they are encrypted before being uploaded with backblaze so all they can see are the file names
>>
>>277864
It's unlikely anything will happen to you so but there's definitely no guarantee when you're hosting files on somebody else's hardware.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.