[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 10 Pro Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sed cet.jpg (9KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
sed cet.jpg
9KB, 261x192px
Hello everyone.
For the past month I've been having a lot of issues with Windows 10 pro.
Every now and then, file associations get reset back to defaults.
Windows also has a tendency to freeze/stop responding.
Lastly whenever i shut down or hibernate the computer, It won't boot my Windows partition, instead I need to use the recovery USB and repair the disc for it too boot.

I've tried everything I could think of, I checked the graphics drivers and tried reinstalling them, I deleted some applications i thought could be causing it and I also tried doing a clean install of Windows again but nothing helped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>277431
Bump
>>
that a lot of data corruption going on, clean re-install the os, if the issues remain after that, change ram and/or hdd
gl
>>
>>277451
I tried clean reinstalling the OS, but it didn't help. So is changing the hardware the only option?
>>
>>277467
there must be something causing all that corruption and crashes, i would start with testing each stick of ram separately with memtest (booted off a usb flash drive, leave for 2 passes or until error detected), if all sticks come out as good then maybe the hdd is the culprit

btw, its a long shot but, have you tried another operative system instead of your current one? how about you installing windows 7 (or even xp) just to stress test the system (see if all the errors still manifest) for a day or two before replacing hardware? its worth the shot, maybe try that after testing the ram modules if they come out clean

gl
>>
>>277431
Don't use that picture brah. Somebody, some psycho shit, abused of this poor animal. Don't help it happen.
>>
>>277518
I don't get it. It's a photoshop though. I guess I'm just retarded
>>
>>277431
Have you tried
Chkdsk /f /r c:
In command prompt to see if the HDD is faulty
>>
>>277511
I have multiple versions of Linux installed on the computer. All of them work just fine, so it must be something regarding Windows
>>
>>277551
the only thing that can cause this after multiple reinstall's is

faulty ram, linux might not be using second stick maybe

faulty hdd, my guess its this

faulty sata cable, had this so many times and overlooked till i exhausted everything else
>>
>>277561
I only have 1 ram stick so it's definitely not that.

1 Linux distro is installed on the same ssd and works fine, so it isn't the drive nor the data cable.
But then again what else could it be.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.