[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manga for children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1935429744.jpg (28KB, 260x390px) Image search: [Google]
1935429744.jpg
28KB, 260x390px
I'm the librarian at a Catholic school with grades from K-8. Any suggestions on some manga series to get for my students that won't get me in trouble.

We already have:
Yotsuba
Sailor Moon
One Punch Man (in the YA section)
Zelda
Pokemon

Any suggestions.
>>
Is NausicaƤ too violent?
>>
Chi's Sweet Home

Some of the older Tezuka works maybe? Like Lost World, Metropolis, Astro Boy.

Check the online scans if you're unsure.
>>
>>276978
K-ON!
Nichijou
Azumanga Daioh
Kuroko's Basketball
Haikyuu!!
Shugo Chara
Cardcaptor Sakura
Magic Knight Rayearth
>>
>>276978
My Hero Academia
>>
>>276978
Fafner in The Azure, Gundam Astray, Appleseed, Gunsmith Cats, Nausicaa, Gargantia on the Venderous Planet, Ghost Hunt, and Full Metal Panic. Rahxephon would be worth considering, but the licensed expired so good luck finding it.

Anyone that recommends Monster, Berserk, Patlabor, Rayearth, FLCL, Nadia, or Excel Saga needs to be set on ignore and sit in a corner, not because of content but of how lackluster they are. It's a real shame you are only requesting things with physical copies or I'd include Getter Robo and Crossbone Gundam. I would also recommend Claymore and Evangelion if you could limit to just 8th graders.
-Love, /m/
>>
>>277004
forgot to include Black Lagoon to "things to ignore", yeesh was Revy was an awful character, I don't care what /a/ thinks.
>>
I'm tempted to say Miami Guns, but that was licensed a long time ago and not sure if you can still find it.
>>
>>277004
Gunsmith Cats is not for kids.
>>
>>277001
Not Shugo Chara. It has really pervy moments between Ikuto and Amu...
>>
Neither is Appleseed, for that matter.
>>
>>276978
ChocoMimi
Fairy Idol Kanon
Dinosaur Hours
I'll find more for you when I get home.
>>
File: 7648536447.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
7648536447.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
was that Aquarion Evol manga ever licensed? Pic related.
>>
Pettson and Findus
>>
>>276978
St Youngman.
>>
Before you go looking for new sets of manga, make sure you have the complete series on what you have. No one likes having to go somewhere else to finish a series
>>
>>277019
Fuck off
>>
>>276978
My brother's a minister so I constantly have the same problem. Because I read manga primarily online however I'm uncertain what's available in print.

Chii's Sweet Home is my youngest niece's favorite. My nephew reads Fairy Tail. I've never read either but if they got past my brother I imagine they're appropriate enough.

Pita Ten, Kamichara Karin, Cardcaptor Sakura, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Galaxy Angel. That's all I can think of right now. Nothing else got past my brother. Recently he returned Yamada and the Seven Witches with a 'please don't do that again' warning despite my oldest niece being 19 now. Sigh. He didn't like the underwear scene near the beginning.

I personally read Space Brothers and Donyatsu. I can suggest a few dozen anime if your library has a media section.
>>
>>277439
Your brother must have not seen the latest volumes of fairy tail then. While rave master (author's precedent manga) is fine, fairy tail is REALLY high on fan service. I would substitute it with One Piece which has the same messages of friendship and adventure but with way less fan service if memories serve right (consider that both of those are long manga, 60+ volumes).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.