[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

External Drive Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Thislittlepieceofjunk.jpg (3KB, 86x86px) Image search: [Google]
Thislittlepieceofjunk.jpg
3KB, 86x86px
Just recently purchased a 2tb external flashdrive and if I put anything on it and remove it (safely) and throw it back it will not let me open anything on it saying corrupt or inaccessible.

Things I have tried-
Reformatting to nafts
restarting pc and running chkdsk and got 2 different error codes
checking it through properties
uninstall and reinstall
updating drivers
I can clarify anything if needed
>>
File: sata_drive.gif (9KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
sata_drive.gif
9KB, 300x200px
this might not be your problem - i can only tell you what happened with mine. Western Digital external 2TB drive with a USB connector. i had it for two weeks before it started acting up, wouldn't let me write files, had to be unplugged and plugged in again before it would let me see the files i'd managed to put on there before..

i pulled the damn thing apart and plugged the HD directly into my computer via the SATA connectors, and it's worked fine ever since. it's a bit slow, but that's okay.

it may be that the USB interface on yours is on it's way out. my solution is kind of drastic.
>>
>276555
Thanks for the reply,
what do you mean by on its way out? it's a brand new drive (4 days old) and hasn't worked since hour 1.

Any possible fix solutions? Or any articles related I have searched all my errors and found nothing similar.

Also cant find any brand or the seller contact information.
>>
>>276545
>2tb flashdrive
It's fake; you wasted your money.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-and-detect-fake-or-counterfeit-usb-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/
>>
>>276564
well then thanks for that input ill look into one of these programs and test it to find out.

and then be looking into a refund for the piece of garbage.
>>
>>276561
"on it's way out" is an Australian expression meaning "it's slowly dying". if it hasn't worked from day one, then there won't be any data on it you need to recover... get whoever sold it to you to replace it.

i just noticed you said it was a 'flash drive'. i thought you were talking about a regular hard drive in a case with an USB interface, so i'll stfu now.
>>
are you ejecting the drive before pulling it? it may be still be writing (flashing activity light). idk i hate flash drives, the high risk of corruption is why i moved to the clouds
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.