[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAI won't start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Sai.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Sai.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
I'm a drawfag who posts in /vp/ and I've been working on a request since last Friday.
I was still working on it today, when I had to save and close SAI because I had to go to class at uni (I'm using it on a desktop PC). When I came back from my class, I tried opening SAI again, but the fucker wouldn't start. I tried rebooting the PC but nothing happened. I've never had problems with SAI before, and I've been using it for over a year and a half.
I'm using a... ahem... "shared" version of SAI saved in a .RAR file. I tried using another .RAR I got from this very board some months ago, but it wouldn't start either.
Help me, please!
>>
>>273490
maybe ask at /ic/ questions thread
>>
>>273494
They'll just tell me to come here.
>>
Does windows show any error messages after trying to open sai?
>>
>>273498
Nope. It shows absolutely nothing. SAI won't even show up when I open the Task Manager. I even tried opening another .RAR file that I had saved in a USB, and it's still not working.
>>
>>273499
have you tried uninstalling and installing it again?
>>
>>273508
"Error: Can not load uninstall information"
>>
>>273490

Get ProcessExplorer, open the exe and watch what happens to the process.
>>
>>273521
This is what's going on. What do I do next?
>>
File: what i found.png (118KB, 1179x673px) Image search: [Google]
what i found.png
118KB, 1179x673px
>>273526
>>
>>273527

Can you bring it to front?
Also your process has no parent. Did you really unpack the archive into a folder with all its files?
If opening the sai process the parent still should be the explorer.
Also tried the other exe (EasyPaintToolSai.exe)?
>>
File: rar.png (86KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
rar.png
86KB, 1366x728px
>>273541
I always open it from the .RAR file. Everything that is needed to make the program work is in there. This is the first time I've had this problem with SAI. I've never changed anything.
>>
>>273551

But that just extracts the one exe file into a temporary folder and executes it! I am frankly more surprised that it worked this way at all.
Kill the existing process, extract the archive to a folder and try executing the exe manually.
>>
>>273559
Only the sai.exe or everything in there should be extracted into the same folder?
>>
>>273559
>>273579
I just extracted everything into a permanent folder on my desktop. It still doesn't work.
>>
>>273582

What does it say if you try to bing it to front?
>>
File: ds.png (3KB, 328x164px) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
3KB, 328x164px
>>273588
The "Easy Paint Tool SAI" launcher shows up, but after it disappears from the screen, there's no window.
>>
I tried using CCleaner to fix any registry problems. SAI still doesn't work.
>>
>>273590

Try this one

http://detstwo.com/sai/

This one has a launcher Easy Paint Tool Sai.exe. See if that steps over the error, otherwise the quirk in your registry is so weird that likely a restore will be needed as you cannot deinstall it as it was never installed in the first place.
>>
File: error.png (5KB, 293x160px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
5KB, 293x160px
>>273594
This happened when I tried to launch it from the Start menu.
How do I perform a restoration?
>>
>>273597

Start-->run-->rstrui.exe

Or "Restore" via the control panel
>>
>>273604
It didn't work. System restore failed. I'm actually thinking seriously about formatting my PC. I already started making a back up of all my most important files. I think I can fit them in a single USB.
>>
>>273646
What about reinstalling SAi without uninstalling it first?
>>
>>273654
Or if you want try this sai installer I been seeding
http://pastebin.com/vXa8hudc
>>
>>273646

Something about your system went seriously wrong, Sai is just a victim of it. That the restore failed is a clear indicator of that. The program was always fresh out of the rar, so it is innocent. That means that smomething is wrong with your API/GUI/ Window manager, the Sai executable suddenly cannot produce its window anymore. With installed programs that can sometimes come from the program itself- but we can rule that out because your Sai was always new and fresh because you every time extracted it fresh from its rar.
So it's the underlying GUI system. Your window manager or a dll is damaged. That sooner o later surely will show other effects not just on Sai. I'd do a format and fresh install.
>>
>>273490
Download dependency walker, open the .exe in that try and see what .dlls its failing to load
>>
All this for someone who cant start up SAI lol.

Just use Krita, its basically SAI with a better looking UI. Its freeware.
https://krita.org/en/

Clip Studio Paint, if you want to buy something better than SAI.
>>
>>273490
use kirata
>>
>>273758
>>273759
Krita is very bad when you come from sai,
the user experience is the complete opposite and sai user will end up angry and frustrated before even making anything with krita
>>
>>273753
Apparently, everything in my computer is missing a lot of .dlls
I checked SAI and other programs installed to compare, and all of them have missing .dlls
SAI is the only one that won't start, however. I don't know what the hell's going on.
>>273758
It worries me that there could be something wrong with my PC. It's not just about SAI. Like >>273668 says, this could start happening to other programs.
>>273759
I tried using Krita once, and I'm probably never using it again.
>>
>>273870
Cousin, seems like you have a virus
Run windows defender asap
>>
>>273877
Too late for that. I'm now convinced that I won't be able to fix anything anymore.
I was trying to use VLC and it's not showing up either. My PC is dying.
Well, that's it. I'm formatting it. Wish me luck.
>>
>>273994
Before formatting it
Do you have a copy of windows to install on it? Do you even know how to install windows on a blank drive?
Do you have a copy of the software you need to continue your work after the installation?
Do you have backups of your most important files? How about the files you could not save?
>>
>>274008

This

Many systems these days come with Windows preinstalled without a recovery disc given.
Another important thing are passwords. For example, do you still really know your internet login? Often those things are just saved in the samll connection file on the system and nobody remembers what they actually were again...
Also Sai itself of course, otherwise you have to find a "freed" version again.
>>
>>274008
>>274022
I built my PC. I've got a legit physical copy of Windows 8.1, and I've got the installation files for Windows 10 in a USB. I already saved my most important files in an external hard drive, and the version of SAI I use is there as well.
>>
>>274116
Godspeed pokefag
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.