[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell my if my laptop is salvageable? It is slow as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: HELP.png (315KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
315KB, 1366x768px
Can anyone tell my if my laptop is salvageable? It is slow as fuck right now but its not a complete POS

Apparently my ram usage is way too high ~95%. Is there a way to reduce that or am I just screwed?

Pic related
>>
>trustedinstaller
disable widows update and reboot (update it whenever you want manually)
and while you are at it, install ublock origin on your browser
gl
>>
>>272670
TrustedInstaller is the MSI installer, not Windows Update.

Probably best to just leave it to do its thing, and eventually it will finish and close itself.

Also alt-printscreen shots the current window, so you don't have to post /g/ telling you to fuck off.
>>
>>272706
>TrustedInstaller is the MSI installer, not Windows Update.
im fully aware of that, and even if tiworker was runnign i would still have written the very same reply. if op isnt installing anything that just leave windows update trying to install shit
>eventually it will finish and close itself
that should not ahppen after multiple reboots, if the process is still eating up resources after multiple reboots that means its failing. there is a very specific point where it gets to close to 2gb of allocated ram and them shoots down back to 500mb, if that doesnt happen then thats a sign that windows update datastore.edb file is borked, seen it happen many times before. i believe its best to have a functional system for the user than a functional one for windows, but then again thats a choice for op
>>
>>272685
word

then download yourself some more ram, it should have at least 4gb
>>
>>272709
Sure it will if you keep killing it before it's finished.

Leave it to finish, and it will go away.
>>
Easiest answer to salvage the laptop is simple. Replace the windows with linux. It should solve tons of windows problem especially the onee that generated by windows itself
>>
>>272715
>if i ignore it, it will go away

>>272670
yo op, just for shits and giggles, how long has your pc been like that? how much time do you spend on the pc before shutting it down?
>>
>>272743
If I ignore you, will you go away?

It's installing something. If you turn it off and don't let it finish installing it, it won't have installed it, and next time you turn it on it will see that it's still not installed and will try to install it again.
>>
>>272750
>something
i would like to see that happen with WU turned off
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 595x335px)
image.jpg
35KB, 595x335px
>>272759
>My car won't start
Have you tried walking?
>>
>>272762
who are you quoting?
>>
>>272670
Run > mscofig > Startup > no uncheck all that you want to stop from running when you start windows and then check your Processes if you have around 50-60 then it is ok else format C: then install linux
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.