[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fairy Fencer F (Steam)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (55KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
55KB, 460x215px
I'm on a slow PC and dungeons are running poorly. I tried turning down the resolution but it still has a lot of unnecessary effects (depth of field?). Any ideas how to turn it down besides resolution?

The in-game graphics settings, by the way, are only
-on/off Shadows
-on/off Outline Render
>>
And to be clear I did turn those two things off, it still looks like there's Vaseline smeared on the screen. It looks bad and it runs bad.
>>
>>271914
What graphics card are you running? And on a lesser note, what's your CPU?

If you don't know the answer to either, you can find out by downloading and running a program called cpu-z (used to be called cpu-id).
>>
>>271938
Core2 Duo E7500, and an Nvidia GT 730. Yes, I know, but it wasn't my idea.

Now I did try going through the Nvidia Control Panel to manually set some settings, but there's nothing really there to turn off the fancy effects in the game.
>>
>>271941
Not judging, just wanted to know what GPU software was available (nvidia control panel), and if you met the system requirements (sounds like you do).

The Vaseline-looking smear effect sounds worrisome. Feels like addressing that should probably come before performance tweaks. Open up the FairyFencer.ini file in Notepad (make a copy first!), I imagine it'll be located in your steam folder, something like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fairy Fencer F\
or something like that.

When you've got it open, search for EnableEffects, and make sure it's set to zero. EnableShadows will be right below it, but it should already be set to zero. Anyway, save the file, then run the game and see if that helped any.

If that doesn't work, you could try running the game in windows compatibility mode (XP service pack 3), I'm reading that helped some people with framerate. Only do that if you the above doesn't help any. You can set compatibility mode by right clicking on the game's exe file, click properties, then click the Compatibility tab, and go from there.
>>
>>271954
I looked in the ini file before, there are no special settings there either, unfortunately. And no EnableEffects.

Compatibility mode didn't help either.
>>
>>271962
There's no EnableEffects setting _at all_ in the ini file? That's unexpected. Would you mind posting your ini file contexts? Just the bit before the Controller stuff is fine if you run until the post character limit.
>>
>>271941
>Core2 Duo
>GT730
You can make that a competent modern 1080 machine by putting in a $120 GTX1050 and a $30 Xeon E5450.

All you need to do is stick a sticker on the bottom of the CPU, cut a pair of slots in the side of it, and maybe update your BIOS.
>>
>>271971
I hope it's not staring me right in the face.

[System]
LastSaveSlot=1
LegacyInput=0
TextLanguage=1
ShadowRender=0
OutlineRender=0
VerticalCamera=1
HorizontalCamera=1
CameraSpeed=20
VolumeBGM=0
VolumeSE=10
VolumeVoice=29
VolumeMovie=30
SoundLanguage=0
RotateMinimap=1
MoveAssist=50
BoostDashControls=0
CommandMenuRotation=0
ViewReset=1
TextMode=1
EventControls=1
MessageDisplay=1
AutoScroll=0
QuestAlert=0
ChallengeAlert=0
Vibration=50
DLCEnabled=11111110111111110
>>
>>272018
Huh. I don't have the game, but that's a little different from a guide thing I found posted on the Steam forums. Try this, under AutoScroll (fifth line from the bottom), add the following line:

EnableEffects=0

It might not do anything, but it can't hurt. Unless it does, but then you can just remove it.
>>
>>272034
Good idea, but it didn't do anything.

I might just live with turning down the resolution until I find something I'm comfortable with.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.