[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CPU usage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: wojak.png (43KB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
43KB, 312x390px
My CPU is an i5 4460, and it's usage is always low in games and programs. This seemingly causes bad performance.

Anything I can fiddle with to try and fix it? My GPU is an R9 390, and I can give my other specs if necessary.
>>
What games
What settings are you playing those games at
Are you sure the games are using your gpu, not the integrated gpu in the processor? Added to that, did you plug the hdmi/displayport into the graphics card, not the motherboard?
Get afterburner and look at gpu/cpu usage during playing with that.
>>
>>270973
Everything, from benchmarks to programs.

Varies, but it doesn't meet the standard (or anywhere close) for my specs.

I'm sure, plugged into the 390.

CPU usage never goes over 50, GPU never hits max clock.
>>
>>270977
Still, get afterburner and look at everything. Usage of cores, gpu, thermals of both
You can post speccy just for the shits.
>>
File: Spekkie.png (21KB, 542x391px) Image search: [Google]
Spekkie.png
21KB, 542x391px
>>270978
I'l look over Afterburner more closely.

Speccy for now, anything out of the ordinary?
>>
>>270978
Alright, CPU temperature hovers at 40 C but the usage is always between 30-40

GPU sits at 75 comfortably and the usage is around 800 Mhz.

I noticed that the CPU and GPU had high usage when the benchmark was loading, but then it plummeted.

Could it be throttling early?
>>
>>270981
It shouldn't be throttling if the fans aren't at or near 100%.
Also try running a purely cpu/gpu benchmark or stress test. Intelburntest for example.
Try updating/downgrading the gpu drivers.
>>
>>270983
in CPU-Z's bench, my CPU hits 3240 MHz but the sound driver and other things start to stutter and slow down.

in GPU-Z's stress test, it hits the intended speed.

Should I post my CPU/GPU z's to see if anything's wrong?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.