[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech Support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1487321100476.jpg (148KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487321100476.jpg
148KB, 1024x512px
Please help
My Dell laptop just got stuck in the preparing automatic repair loop with Windows 10, and I need to fix it
>>
Bump I really need help
>>
>>270413

Start or restart your computer or device.
Choose the boot option for System Recovery, Advanced Startup, Recovery, etc.

On some Windows 10 and Windows 8 computers, for example, pressing F11 starts System Recovery.

Note: What this boot option is called is configurable by your hardware maker so the options I mentioned are just some that I've seen or heard. Whatever the name, it should be clear that what you're about to do is a boot to Windows's advanced recovery features.

Important: The ability to boot directly to Advanced Startup Options isn't one that's available with a traditional BIOS. Your computer will need to support UEFI and then also be configured properly to boot directly to the ASO menu.
Wait for Advanced Startup Options to begin. Select reset to factory settings.
>>
>>270433
If I reset to factory settings will I lose all the data off of my hard drive such as pictures?
>>
>>270433
I fucking hate you reinstall mongs it's all you know what to do

You've got command prompt, system restore etc

A little bit of knowledge is dangerous

This is where you write half a page of garbage to back up you stupidity

Go
>>
>>270441
OP here, I can't access the command prompt from boot, I can only access a shitty options screen which has some boot options, but it means fuck all to me since I don't know the first thing about it
>>
>>270443
What options
If you start your comp when the first white whirly thing comes on wait 5 seconds if it doesn't say repairing comp or start up repair or something like that hold the power in and try again, this can take up to 4 times then you should get to where you want to repair it
>>
>>270448
Have done it dozens of times, still no options
>>
>>270464
What are the options you do get
>>
>>270465
Confusing settings screen that lets me enable/disable hardware, change boot type, run diagnostics
>>
>>270469
BIOS or does it have your comps logo somewhere, Dell, HP etc
>>
>>270469
That's the Windows 10 boot menu.

It's the equivalent of the F8 menu in earlier Windowses.
>>
>>270472
I think its BIOS... any way to use it to work around this predicament?
>>
>>270473
Then wouldn't he say the first option is repair your comp, I've very confused by where he is, a standard Bios doesn't have diagnostics and the diagnostics screen doesn't have hardware on and off
>>
>>270475
So everyone you start up it goes to bios
>>
>>270477
>preparing automatic repair loop
i just reread your first post
when that finishes you should get an option to go to to advanced option (i cant remember what the option its late and im going to sleep) then you need to go to troubleshoot and then system restore click the last one and start, most probably this will say didnt complete restart anyway

option to get to trouble shoot click command prompt type chkdsk /f /r c: then press enter, if this lasts for less than 5 mins change the c: to d: and press enter, when finished restart

if it is going to bios its either a setting that needs resetting, go to last tab and press default setting and save and restart

the other thing again if its going to bios every time your bios battery needs replacing check the time and date in bios if its not right (should reset to factory created time) then that needs replacing, which can be a full laptop apart job i'm afraid

hope this helps good night
>>
>>270482
>option 2....... get to trouble shoot click command prompt type chkdsk /f /r c: then press enter, if this lasts for less than 5 mins
change the c: to d: and press enter, when finished restart

thats what it should say
>>
File: Kekstradamus101.gif (173KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kekstradamus101.gif
173KB, 400x400px
>>270413
I see much darkness you can overcome in the future.
>>
>>270482
>>270484
Can't find the command prompt here, that's why most solutions I find are invalid. Will provide pics of the settings screen i can access tomorrow, going to bed as well
Thank you for all your help
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.