[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular mangas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

File: Magic_Users.jpg (393KB, 1400x959px) Image search: [Google]
Magic_Users.jpg
393KB, 1400x959px
It's not necessarily about hardcore confidential comics, just want something I haven't already read.

I'm more into seinen, but a well made shonen can be nice too. Also I'd rather go with mangas that are already finished since I curse the day I discovered Berserk every fucking second of my life.

These days, I have been reading :
-I am a hero
-Dorohedoro
-Pluto
-Story of three Adolfs
-Tower of God (kinda dropped it after Bam became FUG but I could give it another try)
-Soil
>>
File: akumetsu-532944.jpg (148KB, 1200x935px) Image search: [Google]
akumetsu-532944.jpg
148KB, 1200x935px
Akumetsu.

just don't do a google image search beforehand, you'll get spoilered.
>>
Read Mars by Yokoyama. It's a classic shounen manga with the sort of positive outlook you'd expect from the author who created the giant robot genre.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=61586
>>
Thanks anons, gonna try Akumetsu tonight and Mars tomorrow.

First Mars cover is pure genious btw lol

Also good mangas into the scifi genre ?
I'm a big fan of Blame, biomega and abara by Nihei, but I don't see lots of manga with scifi plots.
>>
>>270248
Deadman Wonderland (Seinen to the core)
>>
>>270264
Already read it and liked it !
>>
>>270259
>Also good mangas into the scifi genre
You tried anything by Hoshino Yukinobu? 2001 Nights is a good place to start with him.
>>
If you could stomach primitive character designs, try a manga called Azumi
>>
>>270277
>Also I'd rather go with mangas that are already finished since I curse the day I discovered Berserk every fucking second of my life
Why are you recommending something that's 40+ volumes from being finished if you include the sequel?
>>
File: No 5 intro.jpg (958KB, 2350x1217px) Image search: [Google]
No 5 intro.jpg
958KB, 2350x1217px
If you want something different, try out Taiyo Matsumoto. Recommended works are basically everything:
Gogo Monster (short surreal story about growing about
Tekkon Kinkreet (short violent sureal story about growing about)
No. 5 (surreal action-thriller with philosophy)
Ping Pong (sport coming of age)
>>
>>270276
>2001 Nights

Didn't know that manga, the art looks gorgeous ! Thanks !

>>270280
>Taiyo Matsumoto

Wow that seems good, the art reminds me of some Moebius works !
>>
File: number five vs moebius.jpg (448KB, 1280x623px) Image search: [Google]
number five vs moebius.jpg
448KB, 1280x623px
>>270284
>the art reminds me of some Moebius works !
You know it baby. Moebius is everywhere.
>>
>>270292
Moebius is one of my favorite artist, i'm definitely gonna check taiyo matsumoto ! Are his plots any good ?
>>
>>270296
Since he is so unpopular I can't tell you what most people think of his work. I know they like his most recent work, Sunny. Probably helped that it is semi-autobiographic.
I definitely think Ping Pong is amazing. Tekkon Kinkreet is a weird thing, but it does seem to connect with a lot of people, like me. The adaptations based on these two are very well received.
On the other hand, I didn't understand neither No. 5 nor Gogo Monster. Maybe they are too smart or maybe I am.

His panel layout is amazing too and doesn't entirely rely on dialog. Lots of pages in which the pictures speak for themselves. I like that.

In short: he is worth reading for the art alone and you got to form your own opinion on his stories.
>>
Team Medical Dragon. Scanlations are completely dead though.
>>
>>270311
Did you not read Takemitsu-Zamurai? That's what I consider to be his best work.

>>270296
Did you know Moebius was once involved in writing a manga? Not the best work by him or the artist:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1169
>>
File: No5 - sky fall.png (310KB, 2238x1600px) Image search: [Google]
No5 - sky fall.png
310KB, 2238x1600px
>>270332
>Did you not read Takemitsu-Zamurai?
I did not and he was not writting it. Only did the art. So credit doesn't entirely belong to him and it is not an 100% Taiyo Matsumoto product. But I do here good things about it and it seems to be the most popular manga he has been involved with.
>>
>>270334
If other works by Eifuku were available in English, it'd be easier to divvy up the credit. As it is, I err on the side of giving the bulk of the credit to Matsumoto, especially since Eifuku doesn't seem to have done other works in that vein.

Regardless, the art is just perfect for the story.
>>
>>270311
Oh now I remember I saw the movie Tekkon Kinkreet ! Since the title was translated in French I didn't realize what it was ! I loved the art style and animation, some parts where strange or clunky but I definitely liked it !

>His panel layout is amazing too and doesn't entirely rely on dialog
That's a very good thing for me. Part of what I liked in Blame and Biomega. [spoiler]besides lots of authors aren't very good with dialogues and it end up awkward when they try[/spoiler]

>>270317
Arf so bad, I'm not sure I will try it then :(

>>270332
Nope, I didn't know at all. Lol your critic doesn't really hype me about reading it but well I could try I guess x)
>>
And I mess my spoilers sigh ><
>>
>>270351
There are no spoilers on /wsr/.

>Lol your critic doesn't really hype me about reading it but well I could try I guess
Anyhow, I think most of Taniguchi's manga are available in French, so you can check out his non-Moebius works too. His early stuff tended to be pulp/noir, and he was also renowned for his slice of life works later in his career.
>>
File: dragon heaven short.jpg (1MB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
dragon heaven short.jpg
1MB, 1000x1422px
>>270347
Ah, before I forgot. As a fan you might enjoy the little known short Dragon's Heaven. The creator wasn't subtle about his inspiration.
https://youtu.be/7PMxPfrMBBE?t=6m
>>
File: IMG_6704.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6704.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>270248
My personal favorite is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, not sure if you've read/watched it but I love it. I'm really into Seinen anime
>>
>>270358
>The creator wasn't subtle about his inspiration.
LOL I can see that ! Still look good though.

>>270375
Is it a manga adaptaed from a video game ?
>>
Try some Dowman Sayman stuff. Nickelodon, The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb, or my favorite, the Voynich Hotel. His series are pretty short, can probably read each one in an afternoon.
>>
File: monster.jpg (306KB, 1500x1052px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
306KB, 1500x1052px
>>270248
Have you read "Monster"?
>>
File: 001.jpg (1MB, 1098x1600px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
1MB, 1098x1600px
If you like scifi, there's Qualia the Purple. It's about the weird consequences of perceiving people as robots.
>>
>>270693
>unpopular
>>
File: TWIM_v05p035.png (181KB, 761x1100px) Image search: [Google]
TWIM_v05p035.png
181KB, 761x1100px
>French
The World Is Mine, Kiichi!! and whatever else of Arai Hideki's is available in French.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.