[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to anime man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: anime bouys.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
anime bouys.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Hey guys Im looking for some non-edgy anime to watch! Post your favorite and I'll write em down! Thanks
>>
>>269463
Love hina
>>
>>269463
>non-edgy
Mushishi is as non-edgy as it gets
>>
>>269463
school rumble
barakamon
sket dance
amagami ss
k-on
non non biyori
>>
File: Red_alseides_tv_escaflowne.gif (40KB, 225x312px) Image search: [Google]
Red_alseides_tv_escaflowne.gif
40KB, 225x312px
The Vision of Escaflowne

only watch the sub. i'm not normally a snob but escaflowne is from the era when they'd "dub" a show but also butcher it in the process by rearranging episodes and cutting shit to try to rewrite the story
>>
Shokugeki No Soma
One Out
One Punch
sengoku basara
Angels Beats
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Baccano
Ore monogatari
sekai seifuku
Panty and Stockings with Gaterbelt
desert punk

those are a good start, tried to show a few different anime but I find it difficult to find good non-edgy anime of mecha
>>
File: going gold.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
going gold.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>269463
The Aquarion trilogy

/thread
>>
>>269509
>but I find it difficult to find good non-edgy anime of mecha

you know now that i think about it that's pretty true. the only two i can think of off the top of my head are gurren lagann and escaflowne, and both of those are 'magitech' type mecha, not traditional robots. and neither are actually referred to as mecha, with gunmen running off spiral energy and guymelefs running off dragon hearts
>>
>>269463
Why don't you want edgy anime? You just want stuff that's really safe and non-innovative? You could watch most modern slice of life or most modern battle shonen I guess.
>>
>>269682
That's not what "edgy" means

>>269509
Blame Evangelion. There's a bazillion non-edgy mecha that came out before it, and a handful that came out after. It's the show that lovingly sodomised an entire genre.
>>
Golden Boy
Dennou Coil
Ping Pong: The Animation
>>
>>269463
Anything made before 2007.
Anime was a mistake.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 271x186px
Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>269477
untrue Escaflawne has not one but 2 completely uncut dubs. One Bandai released back in the day by the Ocean group, and a more recent one by Funimation that includes scenes previously only in the japanese home video release. Not sure how you missed this the show and movie just got a Blu-ray release

That "butchered" version lasted 4 episodes and only aired on TV once.
>>
hajime no ippo
>>
>>269754
>Golden Boy
Junk Boy was better
>>
-Trigun for action and feels
-Gunsmith Cats OVA (Manga is pretty good too)
-Gunslinger Girl for more feels
-Hanamaru Kindergarten is cute and funny (a little overdone on cute)
-Samurai Champloo and Kill la Kill are edgy as fuck but still good

Cowboy Bebop and Desert Punk have been mentioned already but are worth repeating
>>
>>269735
making something actually good in a boring genre usually does that
>>
File: vwRJuwi.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vwRJuwi.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
>>269463
EUREKA SEVEN!
>>
File: tAG_50987.jpg (132KB, 790x593px) Image search: [Google]
tAG_50987.jpg
132KB, 790x593px
>>270075
CREST OF THE STARS/BANNER OF THE STARS!
>>
File: 162357902e736cac0a4329c0d8e334d4.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
162357902e736cac0a4329c0d8e334d4.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>270078
GENESIS OF AQUARION/AQUARION EVOL!
>>
>>270075
>>270078
>>270079
These are my top three so far, and they basically all fit into an action/adventure/romance genre. If that sounds like your thing then give them a shot.
>>
>>269463
Code Geass is my alltime favorite. Overlord is my recent fav.

They're both pretty edgy though (especially Overlord), so take that as you will.

Also seconding OPM.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.