[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help with transfering my Win10 key to my new pc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I need some help with transfering my Win10 key to my new pc.
I have a legit Botnet10 BOX copy (the USB one), I've just moved my SSD with the OS to a new motherboard and I need to activate it. I tried to change the key to the same one I had used before but it's still connected to the old mobo. Should I just reinstall the OS? Or maybe should I somehow deactivate the key on my old motherboard and then activate it again ?
The Box version should allow switching the OS between machines.
>>
File: 1487476380884.jpg (113KB, 687x361px) Image search: [Google]
1487476380884.jpg
113KB, 687x361px
>>
File: 1483247421440.jpg (216KB, 1477x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1483247421440.jpg
216KB, 1477x1108px
>>268820
My license isn't associated with any account though.
AND the first thing I did was to ask google.
I'm just unsure what to do next. I don't want to fuck everything up.
>>
Maybe go to a store that does computer maintenance stuff and give them your legal copy of Windows 10 so they will install it for you if nothing else works. You'll then have to pay for their service of installing an OS but not buy a new OS.
>>
Also if you have purchased a product, but it does not function or is defected you probably have the legal right to have it refunded for a certain amount of time (for example 2 years since purchase). Return your copy of the Windows 10 product to the store you bought it from to have it refunded. If they refuse, turn to your local Consumer Protection Agency.
>>
>>268827
>>268829
The license should allow me to install the OS on a new pc.
I'm just unsure if reinstalling it will be enough.
I can do it myself. I'm just uncertain if it is a good idea because maybe I need to deactivate or either unistall the OS completely using my old motherboard first.
>>
>>268817
>I have a legit Botnet10 BOX copy
Just contact MS, either by phone or by using the troubleshooter app inside Windows 10, and they'll activate it for you.

You don't have to reinstall anything, you bought a legit retail copy and are entitled to transfer it as many times as you like.

Just phone/chat them and tell them you have retail Windows, you've transfered the license to a new motherboard, and you'd like them to activate it for you. They will.
>>
>>268833
If it should then just do it and if it refuses to accept your license, then turn to the customer rights authorities to have your Windows 10 product replaced or refunded.
>>
>>268829
Yeah, that sounds way smarter than spending five minutes activating by phone. Totally do that.
>>
>>268839
Does Microsoft accept phone calls from any country?
>>
>>268840
Of course they do.

They're a big company; they even have local numbers for almost every country.
>>
>>268844
I'm not the op but I didn't find any number to call in my country when I once looked up the same thing.
>>
>>268836
I will probably try switching the SSD with windows to the old motherboard and then just make an microsoft account if nothing else works.
The big problem is I [spoiler]don't own a phone[/spoiler]
>>
File: win10act.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
win10act.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
or just activate it unofficially
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.