[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1470090506195.png (92KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1470090506195.png
92KB, 499x499px
Any ideas for a good anime that is good for a newbie? I dont want to scare her off starting with crazy ecchi or harems.
>>
>>268667
Haibane Renmei
>>
Oh anon
Don't do this to yourself, not again
She already thinks you're "that weird guy"
>>
>>268679
well she knows im weird for about 12 years its just she havent taken the anime plunge yet.
>>
I'd go with fma as a first, but that's because I'm a normie
>>
>>268688
ill give that a try thanks normie anon
>>
>>268667
>her
bitches love dramas
watch kuzu no honkai
>>
>>268667
Fantastic, top-tier normie stuff with good dubs and content that westerns will mostly understand:
Cowboy Bebop
Steins;Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

If those were fun, then you can follow up with:
Madoka Magica
Samari Champloo
Baccano!

Once you want to dive a little deeper, here's shows where you would either want subs or modest amounts of familiarity with Japanese culture:
Toradora!
Log Horizon
Trigun

If you want to test how deep you're willing to go, try some really funny stuff that gets a tiny bit... weird (but not overkill, just weird enough):
One Punch Man
Gurren Lagann
Food Wars!

All of these are 12-50 episodes. Pick based on how much time you're willing to devote and how mature a show you're looking for. Most all of these are personal favorites recommended to me as another person's all-time favorite show.
>>
Depends on what kind of anime she likes.

Has she already watched the extremely normie-tier shit like DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan, etc.?

If so, then start off with something extremely realistic like Initial D because who the fuck doesn't like cars and drifting.

From there you can go to something like One Punch Man (only has 1 season though).

And then you can go to some of the classics like Cowboy Bebop.

Do NOT watch retarded shit like NGE with her.
>>
>>268709
*she might like
>>
>>268709
RUNNIN IN THE 90S AND I'VE DEJA VU, I'VE BEEN IN DIS PRACE BEFOE
>>
>>268709
the only anime she has really seen is DBZ and while she didnt mind it she hated how everything took so long so she has like long drawn out episode ptsd.
>>
>>268667
Mushishi if she's autistic enough to appreciate the beauty of storytelling. But I guess Lovely Complex, Moyashimon or Kuragehime will do
>>
File: natsumegu-145867506148plc.jpg (95KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
natsumegu-145867506148plc.jpg
95KB, 499x488px
If she likes serene shit, let her watch Natsume's Book of Friends or Aria
>>
>>268667
Ease her in with movies, trust. Studio Ghibli films always work with bitches for me, granted there hasn't been many but they are def normies
>>
A lot of good suggestions I really appreciate this guys Im making a list
>>
File: 18032649352.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
18032649352.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>268708
>Madoka Magica
>Samari Champloo
>One Punch Man
Fuck no

As for OP, here is the current Gundam rec chart, I'd recommend SEED, X, Victory, or G-Reco
>>
>>268877
OP asked for non-autistic anime
>>
>>269021
and those are not autistic
>>
>>269036
maybe by /m/ standards
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.