[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NVIDIA drivers and Windows 10 sucking ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Peter Knee.gif (84KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Peter Knee.gif
84KB, 100x100px
I had no problems before but Windows 10 just decided to install fucking driver updates for no reason that fucked the sound completely.

If I delete my shiity nvidia drivers that are causing sound crackling problems then how do I make sure the stupid Windows 10 doesn't just reinstall them?

I already uninstalled the NVidia sound drivers from control panel but it did not disappear so I guess it reversed to an older version that didn't have the issue.
>>
No-one else having this problem?
>>
Anyone else having problems with crackling sound on Windows 10?
>>
>>267969
>Win10
I know what your problem is anon
>>
>>267969
Never had this problem, sounds like it could just be interference on your cable.
If you believe it has to be the driver, try uninstalling it using displayDriverUninstaller (ddu), and then reinstalling the latest one.

Why the fuck are you using nvidia for sound anyway, are you using HDMI for sound?
>>
>>268768
It is not a physical problem. I first thought that the speakers I am using which are old are the issue, but checking with headphones the crackling still occurred. It seemed to start every time when I was using any bit more computer resources than just playing sound in one program.

The crackling has already disappeared since I uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver update which reverted to an older version. What I am worried about now is that Windows 10 might decide to update the driver once again as it did completely on it's own, resulting in having the faulty driver back and causing the crackling issues.

I simply uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver from the Control Panel and left untouched the Nvidia Graphics driver, 3D Vision and PsyhX drivers. Just uninstalled the Audio Driver alone and that seems to have done the trick.

It seems to be the latest version of the Nvidia HD Audio driver that is defected or incompatible with my system.
>>
>>268768
>Why the fuck are you using nvidia for sound anyway, are you using HDMI for sound?
I am not. I am using a regular 3.5 mm sound cable of my old computer speakers. Which is why I am willing to completely uninstall any drivers for HDMI sound if necessary.
>>
>>268822
I'm also using Win 10, but it respects the advanced settings I made when installing the driver.
If you tried that and it still does what it wants, get OOSU10 and simply disable automatic driver updates. It is a great tool, I highly recommend using it.
>It is not a physical problem. I first thought that the speakers I am using which are old are the issue, but checking with headphones the crackling still occurred

Just fyi, interference occurs when too much power is flowing next to your audio cable, so changing the end device proves literally nothing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.