[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anime backlog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: ge3rt1r534e.jpg (21KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
ge3rt1r534e.jpg
21KB, 480x251px
so i recently got into anime and am looking for recommendations and a 4chan approved backlog of good animes.
everytime i ask something like that on /a/ ,i either get "fuck off normalfag" or " >>>/wsr/ retard "
animes i watched and liked so far:
attack on titan
higurashi
umineko
death note
parasyte
mirai nikki
steins;gate
re:zero
Chuunibyou
Boku dake
>>
Noragami (both seasons)
>>
Evangelion, it's a great show and after watching it you can shitpost with the best of them.
>>
>>266772
Slayers
Card captor sakura
Gurren lagann
The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
Flcl
Inuyasha
Diebuster
Gunbuster
Baccano
Here are some tips to not get roasted on the stake on /a/.anime plural form is still anime./wsr/ is for requests /a/ is for discussion.Lurk for 2 years before posting, use that time to watch anime and get acquainted with the rules.Read the faq and the rules.
>>
>>266791
>Lurk for 2 years before posting

lol, like that would get you anywhere. Nothing but the same waifu shitposting being repeated on a near-daily basis. You may as well just go elsewhere to discuss anime, since it almost never happens on /a/.
>>
>>266772
Madoka Magica is an absolute must. Fate/Stay Night is also good.
>>
Sage level weeb here.
based off your selections it seems like you enjoy,gorey mysteries with crazy levels of mindfucks if thats the case check out

Monster
Dead man Wonderland
Death Parade

guaranteed gems
>>
>>266797
Lets not get too off-topic here, but I still believe in /a/.Become the change you want to see happen.
>>266772
I will see if I can find the /a/ core charts.Might be on my other drive though.
>>
>>266811
Madoka magica is without a doubt one of the best modern anime around
Don't be put off by it's cutesy appearance, it's very dark and very smart
>>
File: going gold.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
going gold.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>266772
Definitely the Aquarion trilogy. Also give Claymore, Shin Mazinger Z, Zegapain, and Nobunaga The Fool a try.
>>
>>266772
>Umineko
I'm so sorry anon
>>
>>266953
was decent, but i could literaly feel the wasted potential.
maybe i will read the game someday
>>
>>266961
It's one of those animes the fanbase wishes it wouldn't exist
It was that bad
It absolutely contradicts the source material and makes it unsolvable,ruins the pacing and characterization, but the worst thing of all is how it didn't use the soundtrack of the VN, which is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAKkw71ff3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVP09lhSPm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICKoZ18zHk

There is simply no way to make a 160 hours long text-heavy VN (80 hours since they only adapted the first half) into a 12 hour anime
>>
>>266964
so from what i understand the visuel novel of umineko is not voiced at all?
the 2 versions available on erogedownload are not voiced it seems
>>
>>266772
Hellsing Ultimate
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is really good, and like half this site likes it

>>266781
And don't forget End of Evangelion after watching the series.

>>266791
Just a note here based on the ordering of this guys post: watch Gunbuster before Diebuster.
I'll also second those two, along with Gurren Lagann and Flcl, and if you like Gurren Lagann check out Kill la KIll

>>266811
>>266825
Yeah Madoka is pretty good, I wasn't a fan of the first half, but the second half easily made it worth watching, it's 12 eps in total so definitely worth sticking with unless you completely hate it I'd say.
>>
>>266968
There is a patch that ports the PS3 version sprites and the voice acting to the english PC version
There is also a patch that ports those things to the steam version
Pretty sure you can find prepatched versions somewhere
>>
>>266772
/a/ has a Wikia page and as nice as a lot of these series are, a lot of them are not "gateway anime" material.
http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Recommendations
>>
>>266772
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Black Lagoon
>>
File: 1483686356467.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1483686356467.png
276KB, 586x634px
>>266772
Tsukihime
Cipher
Inferno Cop
Vampire Holmes
Ichigo 100%
School Days
Another
Glasslip
Captain Earth
Midori Days
Akikan
>>
>>267117
What is Cipher? I only find an Otome spin-off, a werid 40 minute 1989 OVA and the second season of Birdy.
>>
File: it's orgone.jpg (971KB, 952x1024px) Image search: [Google]
it's orgone.jpg
971KB, 952x1024px
>>267117
>Captain Earth
But can OP handle Pitz and his lovable-ness?
>>
>>266772
Durarara
Tokyo Ghoul
Yu Yu Hakusho
Madoka Magica
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.