[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physical manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mango.png (246KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
mango.png
246KB, 630x345px
Hey /wsr/, I want to flesh out my manga collection. Could anyone recommend some great manga that you can get physical, English copies of?

Some of what I already have: Vagabond, Biscuit Hammer, Punpun, Trigun, Blame!, I am a Hero, Yotsuba, A Silent Voice, Berserk, Bride's Tale, Azumanga Daioh and everything by Inio Asano.
>>
It would be better if you had listed all of what you have, to avoid overlaps. But here's a list of things worth reading, pick and choose as you will. Note that I'm not checking for current price/availability - that's up to you.

A Drunken Dream and Other Stories
A Patch of Dreams
A Single Match
Akira
Alien 9
Buddha
Children of the Sea
Franken Fran
The Gods Lie.
Gon
Helter Skelter
House of Five Leaves
Japan as Viewed by 17 Creators
NausicaƤ
Ode to Kirihito
Phoenix
Tekkon Kinkreet - Black and White

Whatever you can find by Furuya Usamaru, Mizuki Shigeru, Satoshi Kon, Yokoyama Yuiichi, and the three major works of Urasawa Naoki.
>>
>>266686
nichijou
the company is still translating them though
I think they have 4 more volumes to go
>>
File: uzumaki-1.jpg (228KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
uzumaki-1.jpg
228KB, 800x500px
>>266686
Junji Ito's Uzumaki. You can get the whole thing in one hardcover deluxe edition for fairly cheap.
>>
If you can find them:
Cromartie high school
Excel Saga
Gunsmith Cats (revised edition, read Burst aswell but keep the beer ready)

Things I enjoyed:
A certain scientific railgun
Barakamon
D-Frag
Haganai
Haruhi-chan
Homura Tamura
I am here!
Pandora in the Crimson Shell
Shoulder-a-coffin Kuro
>>
>>266691
Yeah you're right. From that list, I already have Akira, Franken Fran, The Gods Lie and Nausicaa. I also have Tonari no Seki-kun, Galko, Tuxedo Gin, The Flowers of Evil, Woflsmund, Jaco and The Ancient Magus Bride.

Anyway thanks for all your suggestions, these look great.
>>
Witchcraft Works.
>>
>>266744
Shoulder-a-coffin Kuro looks good, I liked the artist's work on the Dept. Heaven games. Yen Press is a little shaky though, is the translation any good?
>>
>>266907
I can't remember reading anything obviously wrong or crudely handled. I don't have much to compare with.

I'd say they're good enough.
>>
>>266686
abara, made by tsutomu nihei, you can get the regular in 2 volumes or the ultimate deluxe collection which is the 2 volumes in one
>>
>>266686

>pic related is Tomoko
>Doesn't own Watamote
>>
>>267006
I've only seen the anime. I'm a poser, I know.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.