[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJo??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

My friend keeps sending me memes from an anime called JoJo, should I really watch it?
>>
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>266355
What are some highlights about JoJo? Every time I ask my friend, he answers with another meme/just tells me to watch it.
>>
>>266356
It's an extremely ridiculous and over the top action anime with some suprisingly emotional stuff sprinkeled in.
>>
>>266356
If you care for a quick summary:
Basically it's a chronicle of the life and times of the Joestar family, a heroic lineage of badasses, and their struggles against various sorts of evil. The story is so far divided into eight parts, each set in a different era (ranging from the 1880s to the 2010s) and following a different member of the family, all of whom have the nickname JoJo. Aside from that the parts are mostly self-contained, each with its own cast and villain, as well as wildly different and unique moods, with a few overarching plot elements.
JoJo is most notable for it's fabulousness (most characters are extremely flamboyant and wear ridiculously glamorous outfits, and there is copious amounts of posing), its cleverly designed battles (most fights are decided by trickery and crazy plans, not by raw power), and its pretty unique powers. The first two parts have Hamon, a martial art based on a breathing technique that allows you to channel the power of the sun and fight vampires. From then on there are Stands, which are basically manifestations of the user's fighting spirit, mostly in the form of a humanoid being that punches things and has really, really fucking weird powers (for example, Enigma is a Stand that turns you into paper if you show fear in its presence, and that's one of the more ordinary powers by JoJo standards). The story also gets weird as all hell as it goes on;it starts off as a cheesy Fist of the North Star parody in Part 1 and gets more and more bizarre and fucked up.
>>
tl;dr it's fabulous, it's weird and it's over the top, but does it very good.
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>266359
Well fuck, I'm a sucker for all that shit
>>
>>266362
Sounds wicked weird, but yeah, I think I'm sold on it. Damn, thanks for taking the time to explain anon.
>>
>>266366
My pleasure, I'm always down for sperging about JoJo.
>>
OP by the time you're done watching it they will just have moved onto something else. To them Jojo is just a fad, a scene for them to be a part of. Won't take too long for them to get bored of it and move onto something else, just like they've done with every other fad anime of the last few years.

Only watch something if it seems interesting to you, don't play tag along with tumblr fads.
>>
Don't bother, you'll never be accepted by the Jojo community since it's all a bunch of autists.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.