[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 61NZO4PmpzL._SL1218_.jpg (91KB, 880x1218px) Image search: [Google]
61NZO4PmpzL._SL1218_.jpg
91KB, 880x1218px
After a skype call, my USB headset is suddenly making a buzzing noise. I've had this model for several years, though the current one is a replacement I got a couple months ago and this is a new problem.

I plugged it into my PS4 and played vidya for a while with no noise, and then it returned as soon as I plugged it into my computer. I closed all programs, still making the buzzing, even in multiple different ports and through a hub.

There have been no power surges or outages that would have caused a problem like this and I don't have any idea what to do next.

I'm hope someone can help me.

Pic related. I know,
>gaming headset,
But they're very reliable, there have been no problems besides the metallic bit breaking when they got stepped on (thus the replacement)
>>
Update: When I mute the headset, the buzzing goes away.

So that means it's an app, right?
>>
>usb headset
thats a more common issue than you might think, the issue lies within the usb port itself not having a proper power/shield. this noise goes to the headset pcb and, due to bad trace separation within the headset pcb, "couples" (capacitive) with the incoming microphone input.
you have more than a couple of choices to try:
>try flipping the "cancel DC offset" and "reduce noise input" flags in your audio drivers/properties
>use an intermediate (between the headset and the computer) usb hub (a powered one)
>see if you can either isolate or ground the shielding of the usb port
>buy a proper analog headset instead of a those 69.threesome channels 4k hd usb crap
gl
>>
PC Question:
Specs: r9 390 8gb amd fx8350 ASUS m5a78l-m Radeon R9 gamer series 8gb ram Windows 10

Runs Overwatch on Highest settings at 80+ fps but will have random frame drops (unrelated to onscreen action) down to 30 or less. Have seen several YouTube videos of PCs with damn near the same specs running games at twice the framerates I do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers many times, i have looked at my processor usage in game and never near 100%, and my computer is prioritizing use of my 390. I'm not super tech-sufficient so i would appreciate as much help as possible.
>>
>>265850
have you checked the gpu usage throughout the gameplay? the graphic card might be downclocking due to low usage which results in lower fps. last year one of the culprits/reasons on/for this was chrome, if you have it open during gameplay and it is downclocking shut it down before gaming.
what about temperatues (mobo vrms, cpu, graphics card vrms & gpu)? something might be throttling
>Windows 10
do you have the "windows overrides your drivers with the windows update ones everytime" """feature""" disabled? most recent drivers installed?
there is no panacea for an issue that broad, you need to find whats causing it yourself
gl
>>
>>265851
forgot to add, there are also digital currency mining viruses that might be using your gpu for those computations, causing the slowdowns. run a virus scanner or reinstall windows, if the above suggestions dont work
gl
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.