[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Dude thing.png (20KB, 1360x577px) Image search: [Google]
Dude thing.png
20KB, 1360x577px
Hi /wsr/.
I have always thought anime was stupid and weird, but after going through Studio Ghibli films for the past few years, I have decided I might try a show. I was wondering if any of you had good starting suggestions. I don't want anything really sexual or romance/drama based. I am also into stuff like Studio Ghibli or fantasy/science fiction, if that helps.
>>
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>>
>>265789
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>265791
its tremendously dated and slow. Its not bad, mind you, but for a first timer you might want something a bit more low key. Slightly less older and more watchable is cowboy bebop
>>
>>265788
Psycho-Pass
>>
>>265788
Try Hellsing Ultimate and GIST.
>>
File: 1098469864.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
1098469864.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>265788
Go with gundam, here's the current rec chart, find something you like and ignore the haters
>>
File: Recent Anime (By Year).jpg (246KB, 1500x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Recent Anime (By Year).jpg
246KB, 1500x1216px
The large majority of anime post-2010 is largely moeshit, and best worth avoiding. /a/ is also a terrible board now.

Try these. Some of my favorites are Nodame Cantabile, Master Keaton, Ping Pong the Animation (or anything by Masaaki Yuasa), Millenium Actress, Ghost in the Shell (original movie), and Gunbuster/Diebuster.
>>
File: Series, General VII.jpg (552KB, 2000x1505px) Image search: [Google]
Series, General VII.jpg
552KB, 2000x1505px
>>265877
Also
>>
>>265878
If you want artsy, more experimental, unique animation, try these.
>>
>>265788
Im sorry for being off-topic but I didnt want to start my own thread. Could any of you give me a recommendation for a good anime-streaming site? I have been using anilinkz until now and I really like it. Its down right now though so I would appreciate if any of you could give me a good alternative.

>inb4 just google it

I tried but all I got was shit recommendations like hulu and crunchyroll
>>
>>265882
>Im sorry for being off-topic but I didnt want to start my own thread
This is exactly what the sticky tells you to do. Why did you not want to do that?

If you don't post your own thread, no-one checking the catalog (like the sticks says to) will see your request.
>>
>>265885
Its my own fault for not reading the sticky first like a scrub so I apologize.
>>
>>265885
Its my own fault for being a scrub and not reading the sticky before I posted so I apologize.

But since I have already asked the question, perhaps you would be so kind as to give me a recommendation?
>>
>>265887
I would if I could, but like any p/a/trician, I download my mongolian sequential graphical artworks.

I hear you can just install KODI and there's a plugin that's like a pirate version of CR, but I've not had any reason to try it.
>>
>>265882
masterani.me is pretty solid my dude
>>
>>265882
Kissanime.ru is good.
>>
Thank you to everyone who gave me any advice/replied in the thread. :)
>>
>>265882
just torrent
nyaa.se
>>
File: 1487042039264.png (157KB, 552x560px) Image search: [Google]
1487042039264.png
157KB, 552x560px
>>265789
> Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Yes.
>>
>>265877
>Nodame Cantabile
Fuck no, that was terrible
>>
>>265877
>The large majority of anime post-2010 is largely moeshit
The majority of anime per season isn't even SoL you dumb fucker.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.