[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pink Desktop Screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: red tinge.jpg (191KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
red tinge.jpg
191KB, 1280x960px
Pic related is not mine, but it shows what kind of problem I have quite well.

My screen has been acting weird for a month or so. It gets all pink at random intervals: sometimes the hue is darker and it ruins all kinds of red colors, sometimes it's lighter and it doesn't make things impossible to see, but it's really annoying and it hurts my eyes.

I already replaced the cable connecting the screen to the graphic card (I was really hoping it was something as simple as that...), but it didn't work, so now there are only two options left: either the screen is broken (it's just one year old though) or the graphic card is, an NVIDIA GT610.

It doesn't get pink immediately: when I turn on the pc, everything is fine, then something "happens" and everything is drowned in Barbie goo. I noticed it that it tends to happen when I'm watching videos or visiting websites with many gifs, links, flash stuff etc, so I think it may be the graphic card.

This pc is very old and I don't use it for gaming, but since it always worked well I kept it as a second pc that I can use for simpler stuff.

It's always been useful, even for my family, so I'd like to repair it, but I want to be sure about the real problem. Am I right to think it may be the graphic card? For now I have no means to try with another screen, since my friends are all out of town. Should I buy a new one and give it a try?
>>
>>264015
>For now I have no means to try with another screen
Open the OSD on your screen.

If the OSD is pink, your screen is broken. If it's not pink then it's not your screen.
>>
>>264018
Oh shit, I'm an idiot, I didn't think about that. The screen hasn't turned pink yet today, but I'm sure it will sooner or later, so I'll try that. Thanks!
>>
still using vga, i see.
make sure your connection is solid on both sides of the cable
>>
>>264174
Did that, but nothing changed. I even replaced the cable, but still nothing.

Could it be a problem of the power supply/power pack? Maybe it overheats or some shit like that and it disrupts everything. Sorry if I sounds like a noob, I am really not an expert about these things.
>>
>>264203
>nothing changed
well you are missing the green channel sometimes so there must be something making bad contact on the connector (either screen or graphics card)
it is not a software issue or corruption caused by a bad monitor or graphics card, just bad contact on one of the sides
does your monitor have dvi or hdmi? you could ditch the analog vga cable and use one of the other available digital connections instead
gl
>>
>>264231
>>264203
also, i just noticed that most gt610 have a ribbon cable connection the vga port to the pcb, maybe give that one a jiggle to and make sure its connected properly
gl
>>
>>264231
>does your monitor have dvi or hdmi? you could ditch the analog vga cable and use one of the other available digital connections instead

No, unfortunately. It's a fairly recent screen, so I was surprised to see it just had a VGA port.

I tried connecting everything again, tightening the bolts, jiggling and everything, but the screen doesn't even change while I do that (like, it doesn't go from pink to normal as I find the "right position), so I automatically assumed it wasn't that. Thank you for your advice though, I'll keep trying!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.