[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best free anti spyware?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (35KB, 341x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 341x395px
lately I've noticed my computer acting a little odd. as in i see something flash in my toolbar but close too fast for me to see what it is. i attributed this to the bloatware (it's an hp laptop running win7), but it doesn't check out since their scan lasts a while and can be seen from the task manager and a higher cpu usage. but now the idle cpu usage stays at around 0-5%.
from what I can see, there's nothing malicious happening. but it might be spyware. i honestly don't know. could be nothing. i already use malwarebytes but it's showing nothing.
i don't download anything from shady sites, or any sites really besides old torrents with comments from nyaa and pirate bay.
last time i got a virus was several years ago on winxp with something flashing in the toolbar then opening cmd prompt and giving me a blue screen every time i'd turn it on, which is why I'm overly cautious now.

i know this question is easy to google, but i trust 4chan more desu
>>
I'll put some research into this tomorrow and get back to you. You'll probably need one specifically for spyware as many generic antivirus programs will ignore it for some reason. Also something for adware.
If your antivirus has a bit time scanner then that could be pretty useful as well as it tends to catch more
>>
>>263125
ok i appreciate it.

it should probably be noted i have several pirated software like photoshop, ableton, and such that I've heard certain antiviruses flag. but they aren't harmful since I've had them for quite some time.
>>
page 9 bump
>>
>>263072
Avira as got the best detection rate but it's resource hungry

AVG is good but it is always asking you to upgrade from one offer to another plus I hate all the shit it wants you to install with it

Personally I use avast nice and lite not a lot of mither from offers and a good detection rate

No antivirus is gonna pick up what you think you have
Try running adwcleaner (malware bytes product) and rogue killer, also if you are still on 7 try combofix
>>
>>263509
are any of those constantly running in the background? or are they like malwarebytes where you can just run a scan whenever you want?
>>
>>263511
All 3 programs at the end are standalone I hate stuff running in the bk, search rogue killer portable that's the only one that does have a install version
>>
>>263515
alright I'll check it out. thanks.
>>
>>263509
opinions on Panda Security, I've been using that alongside Malwarebytes because it was listed as one of the best in early 2016. Want to know if I should jump to a different one.
>>
>>263806
Pandas good nice and lite good detection rate and you can turn off the offers in the options, but not everyone takes you serious when you recommend panda lol
>>
>>263823
i actually heard the detection rate was pretty down there for panda.

of course im just going by some site off google ranking free avs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.