[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with Explorer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170206_192207_465.jpg (3MB, 2988x3735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170206_192207_465.jpg
3MB, 2988x3735px
Hey /g/,
Im desperately in need of some help. I built this baby about 5 years ago and in the last month it started acting up. It started with Microsoft Explorer lagging but now it frequently stops responding and crashes. To top it off just booting Explorer.exe on startup takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes. I ran sfc/scannow and it said no errors. Defragged my discs and ran mbam and neither helped. No viruses and 0% fragmentation. I contacted Canada computers and they said they can diagnose it for 40$ but I wanted to ask for advice here before paying.
Tl;Dr: Explorer.exe constantly stops responding and takes a long time to load and I need help to fix it.
Please and thank you!
>>
>>262723
>Hey, /g/
Hey, janitors
/wsr/ is not a bin for you toss in rubbish you should be deleting. There's already a board for that, it's called /trash/, and you should be using it.
>>
Do you have more information on the specific nature of the crash? Because with a 5 year old comp there are many things that could be failing, so its hard to know where to start.
>>
>>262730
I moved the thread myself and forgot to change the name it was directed to.
>>
>>262731
Whenever I run anything. It'll boot fine and when I run say chrome for 20 minutes and open another process it'll stop responding. It's especially bad when opening folders and Windows related stuff. Boots fine in safe mode though no lag or crashes.
>>
>>262735
Seems like it could be memory related have you tried running mdsched?
>>
>>262741
No I haven't, can it be ran in safe mode?
>>
>>262741
Oh yes I did run it no problems were found. Going to try a clean boot
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.