[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new modem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: benin.jpg (115KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
benin.jpg
115KB, 1280x960px
i bought a modem on ebay to replace my leased one, and i bought a router. i have the modem here but the router doesnt come for a couple more days. Anyways i plugged in the new modem to test it, it powers on all the leds work and i could ping sites with it but other than that could get no sites actually working. Is it safe to say the modem works? Do i leave positive feedback on it now or wait until the router comes and actually have it activated? I mean that's how it works, right? the isp has to send an activation signal to it?
>>
>>260674
"modems" are just shit routers that only route one PC.

If it's directly connected to your one PC, and it's not working, then it's not working.

This could be because it's broken, or it could be because you haven't set it up right.
>>
op here, im reading on the 'quick start' manual i found online right now it says the isp may need to register/activate the modem if i cant get any pages to load. can i get a second opinion?
>>
>>260676
and thats the thing it wasnt "not working" it was working to the point of which i could ping any site, but when i try to load a page it would try to redirect me to some modem activation page that would never load.
>>
File: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (150KB, 1264x846px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
150KB, 1264x846px
update: going to my isp page with the modem is the only site that loads, satx.rr.com redirects me to their modem activation page, or if it is malware it is a very sophisticated replica of their site layout. pic related.
>>
ok i just online chatted with tech support of my isp, they say the site is infact theirs
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.