[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Booting to black windows 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1478495913874.gif (2MB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
1478495913874.gif
2MB, 287x216px
Well I have no computer expertise but can follow instructions well. I booted windows to be met with a black screen and when I move the mouse it is there.
How do I bring my computer back to its same shitty self so I can play muh videos games.
I know this might take a while and I dont have money but I imagine you guys will help me out or just troll me but I'd like to find a solution after 2 weeks of no pc.
>>
File: laptop-ccfl-4.jpg (17KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
laptop-ccfl-4.jpg
17KB, 450x337px
your computer screen lamp is broken
you can also use an external hdmi monitor.

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/troubleshooting-laptop-with-backlight-failure/
>>
>>260375
I should have mentioned I have a desktop so I'm technically already connected to an external monitor.
>>
>>260367
>windows 10
It's probably the OS updating itself without telling you. I had a similar issue with my mum's w10 laptop; after a couple of reboots and turning auto updates on/off/on/off/etc, it finally came good.

I recommend upgrading to Windows 7 to avoid these problems.
>>
>>260375
Clearly not, as OP stated he can see the boot process and the mouse pointer.
>>
>>260524
This
It boots then auto logins and bam to black I can see the mouse though.
>>
>>260548
Try pressing ctrl, then typing your password, then pressing enter.

It's something to do with Windows thinking there's two screens connected, and displaying the logon UI on the second screen that doesn't actually exist.
>>
File: 148582.webm (779KB, 1440x896px) Image search: [Google]
148582.webm
779KB, 1440x896px
>>
>>260565
Tried this to no avail.
>>
>>260561
I don't have a password, is there an alternative? Though do know I have tried cycling my view to fix that and didn't get results but if you think I've done it wrong please clarify.
>>
>>260590
Hit enter a bunch of times?

winkey-P a bunch of times is also worth trying.
>>
File: 20161011_103914.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_103914.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Well I tried it thanks for the advice but no dice.
>>
>>260367
Disable fast boot?
>>
>>260704
I have also done that though I didn't understand as to why that is supposed to fix it.
>>
>>260708
For some older IGP restoring from hibernation could cause a black screen problem, likely a driver issue. Fast boot is restoration from pseudo-hibernation hence it could cause that issue as well
>>
From black screen with mouse.

Press the space-bar and enter your login password or pin (yes your doing this blind)

You should now be logged into windows if the desktop does not appear after 30 seconds then press Win+P keys, down arrow keys twice, and enter to extend display.
>>
>>260736

>Win+P keys, down arrow keys twice, and enter to extend display.

Just realised that's "duplicate" not "extend", but duplicate is good.

Also, this has to be done from fresh boot/reboot.
>>
>>260737
As I said it auto logins so no need for password but I'll try from a fresh boot to do duplicate and see if it does anything and get back to you.
>>
>>260776
>auto logins

Ah, yeah. Missed that. Oops.
>>
>>260737
Tried your instructions but we have no results but thanks for the advice anyways.
>>
>>260783
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
Click the File menu and then choose “Run new task”
Type “explorer.exe” into the run box and hit “OK” to relaunch Windows Explorer
>>
>>260877
Haven't tried that yet but I'm tired so it might be hours before results. Sorry for keeping you waiting and thank you for the suggestions.
>>
>>260887
I sometimes boot to black on win10 and this works for me. Hope it works
>>
>>260891
Tried to but it wouldn't pop up.
Also tried crl alt del and task manager that way as well and no dice.
>>
>>260954
sorry then, can't help you bro.
>>
>>261214
It's all good
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.