[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Recommendations thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ryosuke drinking tea.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ryosuke drinking tea.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Hey /wsr/, I've watched the following, would appreciate recommendations based on this.

>Code Geass
Liked it. The highschooley stuff etc wasn't entirely for me but it never got too overbearing. Liked the setting. Lelouch was a decent protagonist, keikakus were generally pretty good and fun. Watched Akito too, wasn't as impressed by the story but the soundtrack was excellent.
>Your Name
Liked it a lot, characters were endearing, plot was engrossing, music was good, art was pretty. Wasn't the most original or innovative thing but I enjoyed it a lot and will probably go see it again when I have an opportunity.
>Initial D
Enjoyed it. Takumi's friends were sometimes a little bit grating, most of the women in the show were just annoying, and I thought stage 4 was a bit dull after 26 episodes of racing literally whos and little interesting character development but it picked back up in 5/final. Now listening to my new HIGH SPEED DORIFTO playlist.
>Death Note
Became really apparent in the second season that L was propping the entire show up. Wasn't really getting into it until he was revealed, and didn't enjoy any of it after he died. Light was a very uninteresting protagonist - he's not at all sympathetic (compare to lelouch, who has good intentions, experiences some degree of guilt, and has people he cares about), he doesn't really have any interesting personality or character besides ruthless edgy anime psychopath, and from a psychological perspective he is completely incoherent. Keikakus were fun though, in season 1 at least.
>Yuri on Ice
Mindboggling gay, great fun, very sweet, now somewhat interested in figure skating. Eagerly looking forward to a second season.
>Your Lie in April
Sometimes a bit too dreary to enjoy, and I don't have the depth of understanding to fully appreciate it musically, but a good show and would definitely recommend to anyone with a good knowledge of classical music.

On my radar:
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Berserk
>Evangelion

Advice appreciated.
>>
>>259872
>>Code Geass
>Liked it. The highschooley stuff etc wasn't entirely for me but it never got too overbearing. Liked the setting.

Try: Higashi no Eden (plus its two movies). Starts right off with a bang.

>>Death Note
>Became really apparent in the second season that L was propping the entire show up. Wasn't really getting into it until he was revealed, and didn't enjoy any of it after he died.

So you had the same experience as everyone else. Try: Monster (takes a while to really get off the ground, but then you'll marathon the last ten or so episodes), Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor

>>Your Lie in April

You'll want to look into Steins;Gate.

>Fullmetal Alchemist

Your radar is spot-on. Watch Brotherhood, though.

tldr: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Higashi no Eden, Monster, Kaiji, Steins;Gate
>>
>>259900
Cool, thanks, that's something to keep me busy. If this thread lives long enough I'll come back when I've watched some of that.
>>
File: golden.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
golden.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>259872
Dougram, it's older and is 75 eps in length, but completely worth it. Also the Aquarion trilogy if you like smart stuff like Death Note, pic related.
>>
>>259900
>Watch Brotherhood, though
No no no, Original FMA plus Conqueror of Shamballa is exponentially better.

You can watch Brotherhood after original FMA, but watching first Brotherhood? Heresy!
>>
Gunslinger Girl is bretty gud if you like action and dont mind little girl fatherly feels
>>
>>260328
>little girl fatherly feels
can you elaborate?
>>
Hmm based on those I would say

Gundam Wing/Seed
Cowboy Bebop
Heroic Legend of Arslan
Gunsmith Cats/Riding Bean
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
Tenchi Universe
>>
Toonami classic pack:
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Trigun
Big O

Fuuka and Youjo Senki are good this season
Bungou Stray Dogs may be up your alley
>>
>>259872
>Code Geass
Since you seem to like trainwrecks try Valverave the Liberator or Cross Ange.
>Yuri on Ice
Maybe try Free? Same deal. Homolicious boys' club does a sport, drama and SoL shenanigans abound.

>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Berserk
Read the manga, skip anime adaptations. If you absolutely need to watch anime adaptations go with the 1997 anime for Berserk and the 2009 Brotherhood anime for FMA.

>Evangelion
Essentially mandatory viewing if you're planning on making anime a major hobby. I didn't see anything in your list that makes me think this is a perfect fit for your taste, but if you're serious about getting into anime you'll have to watch it regardless if only to fit in with the general anime scene.

Also a general recommendation:
>Kaiji
Suspenseful gambling drama with a weird/distinctive style. The pacing in this show can be murderously slow at times so it's best to watch it in little bursts, but I think you'll be hooked after just a couple episodes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.