[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This file is broken. I have permissions and everything, I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

This file is broken. I have permissions and everything, I just get this error every time. Fileassassin won't work because I get "Access Denied" every time i try to open one of the two subfolders.
>>
you need to replace all the permissions of that folder and its contents and make yourself the owner of it all
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX3Ev_MfyPM
or just use
>http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.18
gl
>>
>>258567
I've already done this. I have no clue as to how this can happen, but it did. I am 100% sure I have the permission already.
>>
>>258573
Clearly you don't or you wouldn't have this problem.

(winkey)-R
%systemroot%\system32\
right-click cmd.exe, run as administrator
taskmgr.exe, kill explorer.exe
explorer.exe

Now explorer.exe is running elevated, and you can try to delete the file.

To unelevate explorer, kill it again in taskmgr, close taskmgr, bring back taskmgr with ctrl-esc or ctrl-alt-del, and run explorer.exe
>>
>>258575
Didn't change anything.
It displays me as the owner of folder, as shown in OP.
>>
>>258577
It will give you the real reason it can't delete it, because you've bypassed UAC.

You should probably look at the actual ACLs as inherited (in properties-->security-->advanced), because on NT a DENY ACL can override a PERMIT ACL.
>>
>>258577
it might show you as the owner of the folder but not the owner of the folder contents
if you follow the first (video) on >>258567 there is one or two checkboxes that you must check in order to solve this. do this on the main folder and all the contents will be "yours"
gl
>>
>>258600
>it might show you as the owner of the folder but not the owner of the folder contents

>>https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727008.aspx
>If a user has full control over a folder, the user can delete files in the folder regardless of the permission on the files.
>>
>>258602
>files
>>258562
>I get "Access Denied" every time i try to open one of the two subfolders.
>subfolders
?!?
>>
>>258659
>files
>>https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/320081/you-cannot-delete-a-file-or-a-folder-on-an-ntfs-file-system-volume
>This article describes why you may not be able to delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume and how to address the different causes to resolve this issue.
>Note Internally, NTFS treats folders as a special type of file. Therefore, the word "file" in this article indicates either a file or folder.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.