[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter x Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does the Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime ever get as good as it was during the Yorknew City arc again? Is it worth watching past Green Island?

I just finished the Greed Island arc and it was pretty crappy compared to what just came before. I saw the next arc is 60 episodes long and I've heard bad things about it. I don't know if I can sit through that many episodes if it's gonna be the same boring shit.
>>
Must be Chimera Ant arc next. Depends on your tastes. Gets a lot more grimdark and more focused plot-wise and in terms of the number of characters. Some people think it was the best part of the show, I thought it was a bit tedious. Then again I wasn't a huge fan of Yorknew either.
>>
>>257888

The Chimera Ant arc is my favorite arc of the bunch. It slows down quite a lot near the end, which is probably the "bad things" you've heard of, or at least one of them, but I think it's definitely worth it to continue watching.

The characters and the relationships between them really sold it for me and I hope you find the same enjoyment out of it.
>>
I don't know what you consider good. I liked Greed Island a lot. Chimera Ant is the next arc and is infamously dark and violent compared even to Yorknew.
>>
>>257934
I guess I liked Yorknew because shit was "getting real" and the show started to veer in a direction that wasn't just Gon and Killua having everything go their way without any real struggle whatsoever, and I guess I find Kurapika to be a much more interesting character. The whole greed island arc was pretty predictable for me, when I heard that the winners can take any item they want into the real world with them, I knew in that instant that they'd win and find a way to use accompany to find Gon's dad through one of the cards. Never bought the bomber as a real threat either, Chrollo came across as a way more dangerous dude.
>>
>>257938

I agree with you about Greed Island being predictable and relatively low stakes, so I think you'll enjoy this arc a lot more. The stakes are immense and no character truly feels safe. And most of the cast struggles with how to handle a lot of situations.

It's a much more interesting part of the story on all fronts, especially compared to Greed Island.
>>
>>257938
That's why I liked Greed Island. It was a break from all the tension in Yorknew, where Gon and Killua were so out of their depth they didn't have much chance to shine and were basically just playing supporting roles in Kurapika's drama. Don't get me wrong, it was very exciting and cool stuff, but I needed a break from it and Greed Island was just the ticket. Gon and Killua having a blast basically ignoring all the grim super serious shit going on in the game to train under a hulk loli was pretty great. Then after that it just goes right back into the grimdark.
>>
>>257949
Well it sounds more interesting at least. I'll probably give it a try then. Thanks
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.